Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: haida gwaii

Re: haida gwaii

[QUOTE=IslandWanderer;1925124]I look forward to hunting on the Haida Gwaii. How many fawns fit into an average sized cooler?
    about ten i would guess . lol..

[QUOTE=pro 111;1925128]
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I look forward to hunting on the Haida Gwaii. How many fawns fit into an average sized cooler?
    about ten i would guess . lol..
    Do they require butchering, or can they be folded neatly into a crockpot?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by pro 111 View Post
    All you off islanders are the same . lol. Killing all our bambies and too lazy to get out of the truck for a walk. See it all the time. We watch a family of deer grow up on the side of the road all spring then some fancy new ford raptor shows up and fills the cooler with fawns. Those of you who know how to hunt blacktails properly just disregard this message. The rest of you should just stay home . Its way cheaper.

Some truth in this post ^^^

I hear all the time how QCI deer are so tiny by many who travel to hunt there. But I have also met some ex locals to QCI and who seem to have no issue shooting good size deer. They all say the same thing most don't put in the effort to look beyond the deer next to the road. World record Sitka black tail comes from QCI

Not saying guys need to stay home but might get more bang for your buck hunting harder

All you off islanders are the same . lol. Killing all our bambies and too lazy to get out of the truck for a walk. See it all the time. We watch a family of deer grow up on the side of the road all spring then some fancy new ford raptor shows up and fills the cooler with fawns. Those of you who know how to hunt blacktails properly just disregard this message. The rest of you should just stay home . Its way cheaper.

I am going to have to disagree. Us "off islanders" travelled a long ways and spent a lot of money in your community to hunt LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY.
    It was hardly the barrel shoot it is hyped to be. We were there for 10 days and although we did come back with 5 deer between the two of us, I see many more deer in our local spots. Good luck road hunting them those deer were running for their life the second they heaed a vehicle. We had to grind it out to be successful. I will admit the first deer I Killed was small so I i didn't have point of reference. I felt really bad about it but I had only heard all the stories about how small they were. But it was LEGAL! I suppose anyone that hunts cow calf season are evil too.

What did we find? hundreds of carcasses along every fsr from animals that had been shot and left to rot. This is not the "off islanders" killing your bambi. Over half of you living up there are only there to pillage the forest. Not that I am against logging but most of the island is one huge clear cut . The LEGAL seasons are what they are to promote ALL bc residents to come and assist in a large scale cull of a non-native species that is detrimental to the primary industry of YOUR island.

These comments made from someone with sheep horns on your avatar. I am not against sheep hunting at all but did you get those on YOUR island? I am sure there is some one out there not happy yo see you come to their community.

Fact is wildlife belongs to BC residents and as long as everyone is hunting legally, why are they being flamed on a BC Hunting website? If you don't want to hear about my bambi stew perhaps don't read.

I will say most locals we met were awesome and did not come across any haters, they were happy for us to come.suppprt their businesses at a slow time of year. We had a great time and met a lot of interesting people hanging at the Yak pub!
    Last edited by brownmancheng; 08-07-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    I am going to have to disagree. Us "off islanders" travelled a long ways and spent a lot of money in your community to hunt LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY.
    It was hardly the barrel shoot it is hyped to be. We were there for 10 days and although we did come back with 5 deer between the two of us, I see many more deer in our local spots. Good luck road hunting them those deer were running for their life the second they heaed a vehicle. We had to grind it out to be successful. I will admit the first deer I Killed was small so I i didn't have point of reference. I felt really bad about it but I had only heard all the stories about how small they were. But it was LEGAL! I suppose anyone that hunts cow calf season are evil too.

What did we find? hundreds of carcasses along every fsr from animals that had been shot and left to rot. This is not the "off islanders" killing your bambi. Over half of you living up there are only there to pillage the forest. Not that I am against logging but most of the island is one huge clear cut . The LEGAL seasons are what they are to promote ALL bc residents to come and assist in a large scale cull of a non-native species that is detrimental to the primary industry of YOUR island.

These comments made from someone with sheep horns on your avatar. I am not against sheep hunting at all but did you get those on YOUR island? I am sure there is some one out there not happy yo see you come to their community.

Fact is wildlife belongs to BC residents and as long as everyone is hunting legally, why are they being flamed on a BC Hunting website? If you don't want to hear about my bambi stew perhaps don't read.

I will say most locals we met were awesome and did not come across any haters, they were happy for us to come.suppprt their businesses at a slow time of year. We had a great time and met a lot of interesting people hanging at the Yak pub!
    Ya Ya! Just dont kill the fawns and things will be OK. LOL. You say theres more in your area , yet you support killing bambies because there introduced here. So technically we should all be able to head up to your neck of the woods and shoot five of your fawns??? If your saying your deer population is healthier than ours? Just because the regs say so doesnt really make it right all of the time.. I have noticed a huge decline in moose numbers in certain spots in the interior in the last few years with no change to the seasons in these areas. I am not a moose expert though so I could easily be wrong.

Also I had to get out of my truck to get those Sheep Horns lol. Lets not forget about that now. And there were many comunities I had to travel through and back again. Again just leave the bambies alone and life is good. LOL..Youl figure it out , u just need a pair of Meindl boots .
    Ya Ya! Just dont kill the fawns and things will be OK. LOL. You say theres more in your area , yet you support killing bambies because there introduced here. So technically we should all be able to head up to your neck of the woods and shoot five of your fawns??? If your saying your deer population is healthier than ours? Just because the regs say so doesnt really make it right all of the time.. I have noticed a huge decline in moose numbers in certain spots in the interior in the last few years with no change to the seasons in these areas. I am not a moose expert though so I could easily be wrong.