Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: haida gwaii

Re: haida gwaii

Quote Originally Posted by trebreklaw View Post
    15 deer is correct but possession is 5 at a time. Also in Nov BC ferries has a half price sale for vehicles.
    Good point, 5 x 12 lbs of meat per deer, Lol.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Person can drive a long ways for what it costs to take that ferry.
    For sure, but I think it would be a cool adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Good point, 5 x 12 lbs of meat per deer, Lol.
    5 in possession. once they are at your ordinary residence or dropped at a cutter/packer they are no longer in your possession. much like guys do when they go salmon fishing up there.

5x12 lbs is pretty close to accurate hahaha!
    Last edited by brownmancheng; 07-31-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Great adventure, we drove up end of January. The drive was half the mission. Had a blast we ended up stranded on the island due to a storm but those last days ended up being the best!

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    5 in possession. once they are at your ordinary residence or dropped at a cutter/packer they are no longer in your possession. much like guys do when they go salmon fishing up there.
    Nice! I like that even better.

All you off islanders are the same . lol. Killing all our bambies and too lazy to get out of the truck for a walk. See it all the time. We watch a family of deer grow up on the side of the road all spring then some fancy new ford raptor shows up and fills the cooler with fawns. Those of you who know how to hunt blacktails properly just disregard this message. The rest of you should just stay home . Its way cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by pro 111 View Post
    All you off islanders are the same . lol. Killing all our bambies and too lazy to get out of the truck for a walk. See it all the time. We watch a family of deer grow up on the side of the road all spring then some fancy new ford raptor shows up and fills the cooler with fawns. Those of you who know how to hunt blacktails properly just disregard this message. The rest of you should just stay home . Its way cheaper.
    That's just a challenge to murder more bambis. I look forward to harvesting wildlife in your locality. Veal venison sounds great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I look forward to hunting on the Haida Gwaii. How many fawns fit into an average sized cooler?

I'll balance out the cost of the ferry and just bring the commuter car, save myself some gas money and I can fit a couple coolers in the hatch for my 40 lbs of meat.