Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutless Method- evidence of sex and species

Gutless Method- evidence of sex and species

I have been using it for the past few years and love it. Have mastered the trap door tenderloin trick by cutting through the back 3 ribs and flipping the spine back and cutting them out. (YouTube).

i always debone my meat at the kill site and game bag then contractor garbage bag the meat before packing.

i keep a testicle attached but have only ever kept one piece of hide attached to a quarter.

Reading the regs again my interpretation is that each individual piece of meat must have hide attached.

I am am curious as to other opinions of this regulation.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Gutless Method- evidence of sex and species

4Anyone who possesses or transports thecarcass or part of the carcass of the follow-ing animals must leave naturally attached tothe carcass or one part of the carcass in theperson’s possession the following listed parts:

I've used the gutless method quite a bit and I only leave evidence on one piece. The rest get skinned out and game bagged.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Be cautious in the use of plastic, it will trap heat and moisture.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Thanks, I just use the plastic for transporting it in my pack, keeps the blood stains off the pack.

My processer would not accept mine without evidence of sex and hide on each piece. Contacted CO and he saw the 4 quarters and gave OK.
    In discussion he said the front and hind should be left attached to each other WTF
    Getting crazy, I have had meat processed for 50 years no problem with piece of hide on each until last fall.

Quote Originally Posted by trebreklaw View Post
    My processer would not accept mine without evidence of sex and hide on each piece. Contacted CO and he saw the 4 quarters and gave OK.
    In discussion he said the front and hind should be left attached to each other WTF
    Getting crazy, I have had meat processed for 50 years no problem with piece of hide on each until last fall.
    Lol, front and back attached? I'd like to see him pack out a moose that way. Maybe look into other meat cutters.

....attached...dafuq?

Edit: does he think one of the quarters is from a legal harvest and the other three are from a different animal? Lol, if so, where'd the other legal quarters go? Won't the meat soon be in many pieces after its cut?
    Last edited by IslandWanderer; 07-30-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Had similar experience - For deer I use gutless and leave hair on testicles and have antlers of course and never had issue with CO's until Last Fall CO's came into camp and said I was non compliant because I didn't have un-skinned tail attached. Gave me free pass because it was a new reg.

Pleaded ignorance and later after reading reg on page 20 i still think I met reg unless cutting off antlers doesn't constitute as "portion of the head " that bears antlers???

furthermore leaving tail attached using gutless is not easy. Lots inconsistency around this topic.

Leave the un skinned tail and evidence of sex on one quarter and your good.

Antlers removed from the carcass does not constitute evidence of sex.

I leave a one inch patch of hair on each quarter, evidence of sex on one of the hind quarters, and the tail tied up in a plastic bag on one of the quarters (don't want the hair getting on the meat, hence the plastic bag). But I butcher the animal myself. That being said, I guess you never know when you could get checked so it's worth the little extra time to do these things to make sure everything is above board.

I was insoected by the region 7 bioligist..animal was deboned but one peice had balls,tail,and a chunk of fur. She was beyoind satisfied..she stopped me ti check out the sweet rack.