Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6-20 Zone A Spatsizi Caribou LEH

6-20 Zone A Spatsizi Caribou LEH

Hello All

I was drawn this year for a Bull Caribou hunt in the Spatsizi (as the title suggests 6-20 Zone A) and I haven't the faintest clue how to go about it. Caribou is not something I have hunted before and so I would love to hear some wisdom from some of you on hunting this particular beastie, and possibly (from those familiar with the area) where to look for them. I have a pretty small window of actual hunt time (three days) so any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 6-20 Zone A Spatsizi Caribou LEH

You'll want to look into the condition of the rail grade. Ive heard rumours of it being washed out. Possibly not passible by Quad. If that's the case. Fly in is the only other option.

3 days is not enuf for travel both ways, access and hunting....better off to do something else
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Save your money, time and effort if you only have 3 days. Day in, Day out. It's tough hunt that requires time and $1000's in gear, prep and planning and likely a flight.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

No offence but these questions should be asked before you put in for LEH. I've hunted in there and three days is not enough.

SB

Sorry I should specify, when i said three days to hunt that means after the two days to get in

I've had the same draw... fly in. You may want to check out the threads on here about fly in hunts, gear, and tips/hints. 3 days is still a short window.

3 days in is better than days of regret. Its about the experience
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

It's not a hard draw to get, compared to lots of others. Put in again, plan the trip, and go for a longer time. Rushing hunts with too few days leads to lots of tag soup.

I get what Boxhitch is saying about the experience but it's such an incredible area three hunting days is selling yourself far short.

SB

Gonna be tag soup if he doesn't go at all. Lots of animals shot on first day, and he has three!