Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any bow hunters/archers looking to pass on some knowledge?

Re: Any bow hunters/archers looking to pass on some knowledge?

join a club, attend a few shoots, put yourself out there and you'll make a few friends who'll get you on the right track. Archery and archers are good like that.

Uncle Ken is always good for it, a fine contributor to what we do (as is JT) the learning curve is less steep with experience along with you and making friends in this game is easy and you definitely get what you give.

Sagitarrius Archers allow drop-ins for $5 every Wednesday night. 7-9 at the Abbotsford Fish and Game Club. Come on by and we'll set you straight.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Thanks I will try and make it out. Wednesdays are tough unfortunately because of work schedules and babysitting availability but I do get the odd one free.

I've been out to the range a couple times in the past week now. I seem to be able to put most of my arrows in about a 6" circle at 60 yards but there's always one out of 6 that I'm off a bit from getting antsy. A couple of my arrows seem to fly slightly crooked but I think that's normal that some will fly better than others? I managed to put one through the fletching on another so I'm down to 5 arrows. I guess I need to pick up some more.

My bow is set around 55 lbs. I don't find it too difficult to pull back. When should I be increasing the weight? Do I keep shooting as is or should I be slowly increasing as I go? I'm tempted to go up to the 70 lb max just to see what it feels like but I can see the advantage of sticking with a lower weight for now so I can shoot longer without getting tired. I am a guy though so bigger is better ha.