Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glacier Highway to Stewart

Glacier Highway to Stewart

Hey hunters, planning a trip up to Stewart with the family and was hoping to get a couple of day trips in hunting goats on the the road in. I like to include the family as much as i can when hunting. I realize this can be difficult when looking for goats. Just wondering if anyone was familiar with the area and had any advice .

2. Site Sponsor

Pemby_mess Guest

Re: Glacier Highway to Stewart

The Bear glacier would be a pretty cool stop for the fam. Big flowing valley glacier right across a lake from the highway. The wife I took our canoe and crampons and just went for a little walk well up it for a couple hours on a rest stop. There's a great viewpoint of the Salmon glacier just past Stewart that you can drive too as well.

It's been about 10 years since I've been through there, I do remember the road leading through some treeline type territory around bear glacier. There must be some goats around, Ive seen pics of them right on the highway. The question is, are there any decent pullouts or access?

I could be wrong but thought that area was LEH only.

Bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

There used to be a road up Bitter Creek, haven't looked far a long time though.

Gnarly country, dont know how intense your family is. Easy access is not around every corner, finding large stretches of country that are huntable (not too steep) might take time.

Some of your views on that road. Don't remember any side roads, but am sure they are there. Looked like great country for critters. We mainly saw bears.

Pemby_mess Guest

Wow, your photography is on point!

Pemby_mess Guest

That road in early summer reminds me of the "floating islands" in "Avatar". hundreds of waterfalls falling into space. Our province is extrardinary.

Yes, a magical highway drive!