Thread: Any Turkeys near Oliver?

Any Turkeys near Oliver?

Hey Fellas, just moved to Peachland from Toronto about a month ago and absolutely love it....I've been scouting some of the crown around me but haven't seen any Turkey sign. Are they around the Oliver area at all? I keep hearing to head east from the locals....

*Also looking for some hunting buddies, I'm 27 and in pretty good shape....have all the gear too!

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any Turkeys near Oliver?

There are turkeys around Oliver. Just don't know about crown land.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

I have family in Oliver and have frequently hunted the area in the past. I saw 5 turkeys off an FSR road near Bridesville a week ago. I would assume this ranchland area or other FSR roads east of Oliver would be ideal locations.

We were just up there a week ago and the owner (also a hunter) of the guesthouse we were staying at told me that he had just seen a number of them south of Oliver. He was quite perturbed because of the damage they could do to the vineyards.
    I did see two rather nice bucks in velvet on our way into Osoyoos and the place we were staying at had a family of deer that would feed right outside our place each day.
    "How, given the canine teeth and close-set eyes that declare the human animal to be a predator, had we come up with the notion that oat bran is more natural to eat than chicken?" Valerie Martin, The Great Divorce