Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elk on the kootenay river

Re: Elk on the kootenay river

Thx moosinaround. I will. Was hoping for some better info. I m not looking for everyone's honey hole.
    majorguns

No one can tell you how it'll go for you! You've got to get out and do it.

I do not have a boat and have yet to try any jetboating, but how can you go wrong with time spent in the beautiful country here in the EK?! It's an excellent idea for a trip for you. As for me, I am liable to be out Wingshooting for Ruffed Grouse while you are on your Elk Hunt.

Great time guaranteed if you play safe and know what you're doing. Not too many folks have those boats I suppose.
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 07-28-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Is it a silent boat? Elk dont really hang around and wait like moose. They hear or see you, they're gone. Might be a nice day on the water and there is nothing wrong with that. But you want to manage expectation.

I've heard jet boats out there. Sounds fun, braap, braap, braap....bugle,bugle....braaaap braap, bugle, bugle.....

Quote Originally Posted by stixnstones View Post
    Thx moosinaround. I will. Was hoping for some better info. I m not looking for everyone's honey hole.
    what better info were you hoping for? Oh ya man there are lots of elk along the river...lets talk about it on an open forum!!! just sayin....you got the boat giver a rip, sounds like an absolute blast!

Quote Originally Posted by 123.brewski View Post
    I've heard jet boats out there. Sounds fun, braap, braap, braap....bugle,bugle....braaaap braap, bugle, bugle.....
    Haha yeah. Like the quad buglers.

i was thinking Columbia river
    Last edited by okas; 07-29-2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: wrong river

bring your gong, watch the show, get out and walk, use it to get to hard to get to places and watch the private land, not worth it in my opinion, good luck

Just for general interest , THERE ARE ELK along the Kootenay River in the fall some big herds are spotted each fall , and there is a small herd that lives here year round . That is the good news , the bad news is a lot of land along the river is Indian land , so ask questions . There are a lot of internet experts passing somewhat inaccurate info . Ask questions and enjoy !

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by stixnstones View Post
    Boys are pretty tight lipped 'round them parts when it comes to elk. Good hunting to ya, I'm jealous, I want a boat in a bad way. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"