Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV trip

ATV trip

Anyone here wants to come open trail, test out some places?
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ATV trip

When? Where?

I would suggest you fellows stay home for awhile. Some grass and other debris snuggled up against a hot muffler is an excellent way to start a fire. And don't tell me it can't happen because it can. I have seen it.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I would suggest you fellows stay home for awhile. Some grass and other debris snuggled up against a hot muffler is an excellent way to start a fire. And don't tell me it can't happen because it can. I have seen it.
    Seems pretty ballsy to tell people what to do there Jager, maybe what you should say is be smart and take extra caution when out there during these dry times. We can still go do the things we love and enjoy just with a lot more caution in my mind. I say go do what you enjoy just don't be stupid about it, pay mind to the extra dry conditions and be extra vigilant.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post

I'm with you on careful, all I want to do is check access points, hike in for a bit of exercise and maybe swing a couple small axes/brush knives. No fires, no extreme reckless moves.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    Seems pretty ballsy to tell people what to do there Jager, maybe what you should say is be smart and take extra caution when out there during these dry times. We can still go do the things we love and enjoy just with a lot more caution in my mind. I say go do what you enjoy just don't be stupid about it, pay mind to the extra dry conditions and be extra vigilant.
    He just means well, I read between the lines.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    When? Where?
    Squamish - Elaho
    Sunshine coast
    Indian River
    Pemberton up-west

...or? Opened to suggestions. Doing a full maintenance now on my Renegade, changing oil, plugs, battery; I'll check tie-rods and what not. But before I put the machine through its paces this fall I want to see where to go.

I'll go by myself if needed, I need the exercise and hikes.

Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Squamish - Elaho
    Sunshine coast
    Indian River
    Pemberton up-west

...or? Opened to suggestions. Doing a full maintenance now on my Renegade, changing oil, plugs, battery; I'll check tie-rods and what not. But before I put the machine through its paces this fall I want to see where to go.

I'll go by myself if needed, I need the exercise and hikes.

Im interested in exploring for sure. End of next week im free-ish. Pm contact info and I will be in touch. Text is probably best...

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    Have you ever been in the situation where you had to run to escape a forest fire? I have. 1970 north-west of Oliver at Madden Lake. Dead end road. Long story short, we escaped. "We" being two young families. Had we dallied, I don't think we would be here today.
    So the point here is, why put one's self at risk at such a critical time? Take the current Monte Lake fire as an example. A wisp of a fire one moment and an out of control fire the next. One gust of wind, tinder dry conditions and there is no stopping it. Just as those ladies tried to quench that fire at the offset, and then it was racing up the hill. And then other's are in jeopardy.
    Suppose you're trapped, what is going to kill you? Burns? No, oxygen depletion. Sucking for your last breath knowing that shortly you're going to be toasted like a marshmallow.
    Go to the Beach.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Stay out of the Cariboo ...All trails and recreation sites are closed...We can't even cut the grass ...Figure it out ...This year is not the time to be quadding in a dry forest area...All logging suspended probably for a long time ...Ministry doesn't want to take a chance...Just my two bits ..Dennis