Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops sheep migrating?

Kamloops sheep migrating?

I was driving on highway 1 between Kamloops and Savona, and about 1km before the Cherry Crek fruit stand there was a small herd (6 or so) of bighorn sheep. In 3 years of driving this road multiple times a week I've never seen sheep. The fella in my carpool who has driven it for 17 years has never seen sheep on that side of the Kamloops lake. We only saw them the one time about 5 weeks ago, and I have been looking out for them since.

Does anybody know if a pocket wandered away over the winter, or have a bunch migrated over from the Tranquile side over the winter or something?
    Or have they been on the lakeside of the hills and just never come down to the road. Curious either way.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kamloops sheep migrating?

I've seen them on Copper Creek Road on the way to Red Lake. Wouldn't be surprised if they wandered over Savona way.

Deer have been seen crossing the Golden Gate Bridge into San Francisco. Could be a predator pushing them especially with all of the fires around.

The sheep have been at Cherry Creek for at least 15 years but the most I have seen was 9.

Heard of sheep in the area about 5-6 years ago but never saw one there. But last year on my way to the landfill I saw two ewes running toward the river on what was the old weyerhaueser sawmill site right in town. This would have quite aways from where you saw them but on the same side of the river.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

I have pictures of a big ram standing next to the highway in Savona.
    I've also seen 1 ram and 3 ewes on the lower levels of mt. Savona.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

I think they are slowly moving to this side cherry creek. Eventually all around kamloops id think

Never saw any on the south side of the lake till after the old metal deck bridge was replaced at Savona across the Thompson with a concrete one. I understand that some have crossed on that bridge and went east and west from there.

Have seen sheep in behind Savona for the last three years. Two years ago a decent band of rams and last fall lots of ewes and lambs.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

I was driving through Cherry Creek on my way to work about a week ago. I arrived on scene about 3 mins after it happened. A full curl mature ram was hit by a vehicle. I stopped and dragged it off to the side. It had a collar on it. I called the local CO and he came to pick it up within a half hour. It was right at the cherry creek farm where they have the storage units. What an awesome animal. It felt pretty neat to be able to put my hands on his massive horns (not in this circumstance obviously but it seemed pretty majestic.)

They have been there for some time now for sure,and also between Savona and Walhachin for a while now just like 250 savage says. Some jerk with blonde hair claiming status from Walhachin shot two rams a few years ago, behind Walhachin.