Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Non-resident allocation too high

Re: Non-resident allocation too high

If people want to talk MOU start a new post rather than attempting to hijack this one to distract from the allocation discussion.

^^^Hahaha......you nailed it, very Whitty! K

Quote Originally Posted by Steele Shot View Post
    My question would be. We have all heard about this MOU but what exactly is in this document. I have heard lots of speculation but no one has come out and out and actually said what it entails. With out a bunch of conjecture what does this MOU contains what does does it mean for Resident Hunters? Any knowledgeable, informed and factual information would go along way toward helping us understand what is going on.
    The MOU was discussed in another thread with details of what is in it. What is it everyone expects? Its a single statement to focus on wildlife and surprise surprise, get along and work collaboratively. How's that working so far?
    Lange, apologies for the hijack. Hopefully this ends it.

Quote Originally Posted by lange1212 View Post
    If people want to talk MOU start a new post rather than attempting to hijack this one to distract from the allocation discussion.
    That's why I asked what is "understood" in this memorandum. After all to have a MOU you first must have topics that all parties "understand" and agree to. I think we deserve to know what our representatives signed and agreed to on our behalf. What did the resident hunters gain or loose? Have our rights as resident hunters been quietly been thrown under the guide, FN bus. We really need to know details. I'm pretty sure there are BOD members both regionally and provincialy that could she'd some light as to what is in the MOU for all parties involved
    If there is a copy elsewhere then please post a link.
    Last edited by Steele Shot; 08-08-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steele Shot View Post
    That's why I asked what is "understood" in this memorandum. After all to have a MOU you first must have topics that all parties "understand" and agree to. I think we deserve to know what our representatives signed and agreed to on our behalf. What did the resident hunters gain or loose? Have our rights as resident hunters been quietly been thrown under the guide, FN bus. We really need to know details. I'm pretty sure there are BOD members both regionally and provincialy that could she'd some light as to what is in the MOU for all parties involved
    If there is a copy elsewhere then please post a link.
    I don't know, but there's lots of discussion on this back where you came from,

#NoEd2018
    Last edited by Elkhound; 08-09-2017 at 04:54 PM. Reason: No need to insult other boards
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I'll admit that I'm a bit confused by the MOU (or if not the MOU itself subsequent discussion). My understanding is that the MOU is what I heard at the AGM and, as J_T posted in another thread, it consists of the following:

"The British Columbia Wildlife Federation, the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia, the Wild Sheep Society of BC, the Wildlife Stewardship Council, the BC Trappers Association and the United Bowhunters of British Columbia agree to work together for the sake of building and maintaining healthy wildlife populations for First Nations, BC resident hunters, guide outfitters, trappers and the non-hunting public."

Hopefully someone can confirm that I'm not missing something there. If I'm not missing anything then all that was agreed to was that we'd work together with the GOABC, WSS, BC Trappers, Bowhunters and Wildlife Stewardship Council. There's nothing wrong with agreeing to work with those groups.

We need to now actually start doing the work, and while doing the work we can evaluate the value of each partner. I'm concerned that GOABC may have some goals other than what is in the MOU that may end up being problematic for us (that's a fear, not a fact by any means, and I could be wrong, and there's nothing wrong or devious with GOABC having goals other than the ones expressed in the MOU) and that they may bring bad press to us, but it is what it is. GOABC is a player in all things BC wildlife and we can't pretend they aren't.

So...in answer to Steele Shot's post above, if the MOU begins and ends with what I think I heard and the AGM and what J_T posted, there was only one topic understood and agreed to: we've agreed to work together for the sake of building and maintaining healthy wildlife populations for everybody.

There's nothing really wrong with that. If I've misunderstood something or got something wrong I encourage someone with better knowledge on the subject to straighten it out.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lange1212 View Post
    Well said,

Letter has been sent and I would add that residents concerned with wildlife allocations for non-residents being set too high also make a point of meeting with their MLA's.
    my MLA is a Liberal, and during the 2014-2015 Allocation debate and protests, he cared less about the Residents of BC and sided with the largely Foreign owned Guide Outfitters, heck if the Liberals could get big money selling off what's left of this province ....... They would. They are all about Big Business. Case in point, have they done anything for our Wild Pacific Salmon and its mismanagement? No, they say it's a Federal issue and won't stand up for dick shat ....... In this case not even for the FN ...... They would rather, watch it go away, another case of manage to Zero. Bring on the Foreign owned Fish Farms...... More money in a Liberals pocket when elected to pad a pension.
    Last edited by guest; 08-08-2017 at 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling