Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-resident allocation too high

Re: Non-resident allocation too high

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Actually Happy Jack the perfect scenario is all GOS with abundant wildlife populations to support that.
    Seriously? So that would be like the mule deer hunting in region 5...the guides pushed for antler restrictions so they could have more big deer to sell, still a GOS with restrictions on resident hunters. Are the guided hunters restricted to shooting 4 point or better? They should be perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Seriously? So that would be like the mule deer hunting in region 5...the guides pushed for antler restrictions so they could have more big deer to sell, still a GOS with restrictions on resident hunters. Are the guided hunters restricted to shooting 4 point or better? They should be perhaps.
    You should read what's posted before you babble.
    Like I said...the perfect scenario is all GOS with abundant wildlife populations to support that.
    Regulations apply to all hunters equally.
    Once upon a time......we had lots of big game, we had more true wilderness areas, we had less motorized access, we had some predator management, we had more FN people hunting to feed their families, we had more resident hunters and we had more guided hunters in this province.
    Whats changed from the past to present.
    Do you really think that the 5% of the recreational hunters in this province that is guided is to blame for the lack of opportunity that is out there for residents.
    Remember Happy Jack, the 5% of the recreational hunters that is guided harvests roughly 2% of the big game taken in BC.
    I don't think BC's wildlife problems are the cause of present day GO's.....who would you blame if they were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Residents are required to remove all edible portions. I use as much of my harvested meat as possible. I share some meat with my parents and sisters and the odd friend that asks if I have any wild meat.

Personally....I see no reason that non residents aren't required to take the meat home. If they cant take the meat home then they shouldn't be allowed to harvest the animal.
    j270wsm, all hunters are required to remove all edible portions of meat.
    An outfitter faces a much harsher penalty if he is charged with meat wastage than if a resident hunter gets the same charge.
    I will bet you that more meat from wildlife goes to waste in the hands of ill prepared or inexperienced resident hunters than by guides.
    Sometimes the logistics of getting all the meat home for a client is impossible.
    These same problems are faced by Canadian hunters that hunt in other countries.
    The BC guy that goes on his lifetime dream hunt to Africa doesn't come home with all his meat loaded on an airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by 40incher View Post
    Hunting selectively is a personal choice that is defensible ... "trophy" hunting is not. It's time to stop giving the anti's a cheap and easy target.
    Pretty weak 40incher.
    If you're going to take up that issue you better change your online alias to "sheep meat".
    You would have more credibility.
    LMAO

Apples and oranges on numerous levels.
    The BC guy that goes on his lifetime dream hunt to Africa doesn't come home with all his meat loaded on an airplane.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Apples and oranges on numerous levels.
    Really.....fill me in.

j270wsm, all hunters are required to remove all edible portions of meat.
    An outfitter faces a much harsher penalty if he is charged with meat wastage than if a resident hunter gets the same charge.
    I will bet you that more meat from wildlife goes to waste in the hands of ill prepared or inexperienced resident hunters than by guides.
    Sometimes the logistics of getting all the meat home for a client is impossible.
    These same problems are faced by Canadian hunters that hunt in other countries.
    You could be right about ill prepared/inexperienced hunters wasting meat, but I don't care if a non resident hunter can't get the meat home due to regulations at the boarders.........no meat retention = no hunting for non residents. As for hunters not bringing the meat home from Africa, that's not something I know a lot about but I'm pretty sure their government isnt giving the natives a cheque/housing/tax breaks, etc, every month or trying to eliminate " so called trophy hunting ". I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure a lot of the locals( not sure what to call them ) in Africa depend on the money/meat from trophy hunting. Comparing our system to theirs isn't even close to comparing apples to oranges.
    Last edited by j270wsm; 07-31-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Example upon example in this thread on why hunters in BC get F all accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Example upon example in this thread on why hunters in BC get F all accomplished
    Pretty much sums it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    That's why the guides want all big game under the LEH....because they aren't part of the problem? I suspect we haven't heard the end of that idea yet.
    Some might but a smart GO would not want this because they also get restricted through the allocation

If you do some research into GO territories when they have a species that the population that is strong within there territory they have no quota restriction. If resident hunters are restricted by LEH GO's will be restricted by quota

If residents are under GOS and the population of a species is really healthy GO's benifit from it way more than LEH only

Some GO's might overlook this and want LEH but I would place bets a portion at least are smart enough to see where they benifit from residents being under GOS