Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-resident allocation too high

Re: Non-resident allocation too high

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    BV, I have listened to what you have to say on many theads on the allocation subject. It is clearer that you have taken up the mantra of the outfitters in that the allocation battle has been decided and it's time to move on and address the "REAL" problem, the declining wildlife numbers.
    The problem with your way of looking at this fight, the allocation battle was settled and agreed to in 2007, and then the ENTITLED OUTFITTERS reopened it in the back rooms with a less than honest liberal government. The outfitters argued they needed and were entitled to a larger percentage of the declining wildlife population, and through back room deals , got it.
    For you to refer to Resident hunters as the " entitlement crowd", is like saying Trudeas politics are right of Harpers.
    Let's be clear on one thing btridge ....in no way am I referring to all resident hunters as the "entitlement crowd".
    When I refer to the "entitlement crowd" the label is reserved for a select group of individuals that really don't give a shit about wildlife values.
    Their only concern is to get all they can with no competition under the pretence they are out harvesting a cheap source of food for their empty gut.
    Maybe these same guys should take a hard look at what they are doing to allocated wildlife populations.
    Remember btridge when an outfitter gets quota on an allocated species his limit is set.
    How about in the case of LEH authorizations.....do you see room for a wreck when LEH "tickets" are handed out at a ratio of 100 plus for every animal targeted for the resident share of the AAH.
    With the lack of enforcement we have in this province no one knows if the resident harvest is under achieved, met or exceeded.
    Im a resident hunter and a guide as I've said before.
    I also want the right to hunt in my backyard as much as any other fellow hunter in BC.
    The differance between me and guys like you and Langegger is that I get the big picture.
    The "entitlement crowd" only wants to blame the decline in hunting oppurtunities on GO's, FN's hunting, loss of habitat and predation.
    NEVER DO THEY ADMIT THEY MIGHT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

That's why the guides want all big game under the LEH....because they aren't part of the problem? I suspect we haven't heard the end of that idea yet.

I'm glad you explained yourself. Now I know that I mistakenly lumped myself into your "entitlement crowd".
    Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    The "entitlement crowd" only wants to blame the decline in hunting oppurtunities on GO's, FN's hunting, loss of habitat and predation.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Maybe its time to put up or shut up
    There have been lots of suggestions about BCrhs and their sentiments but only parroted by a few voices.
    Maybe its time to leave the Fed behind and build an activist group, start a website and a FB page, rally the troops
    The lineup at the door or lack of it will really show where the issues lies. Stirring the pot by chirping here on HBC won't get anywhere.
    He!! even start a petition on change.org, anything to get the ball rolling............or let it go flat
    im sure I'll get roasted by some for this comment.........If our new goverment( I didn't vote ndp ) actually goes after " trophy hunting ", I really hope they go after non residents taking their trophy out of the country with out retaining the meat. And no I don't agree with the meat being donated to food banks/shelters.........

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    That's why the guides want all big game under the LEH....because they aren't part of the problem? I suspect we haven't heard the end of that idea yet.
    Actually Happy Jack the perfect scenario is all GOS with abundant wildlife populations to support that.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    im sure I'll get roasted by some for this comment.........If our new goverment( I didn't vote ndp ) actually goes after " trophy hunting ", I really hope they go after non residents taking their trophy out of the country with out retaining the meat. And no I don't agree with the meat being donated to food banks/shelters.........
    It can be done but is it really different than sharing amongst friends or hunting partners.
    In my case the meat that does not go home with the client due to logistic difficulties is donated to the local FN band.
    They appreciate the donation.
    One thing that needs to be remembered is that another animal will be harvested to replace the one that will no longer be donated.

Let's be clear on one thing btridge ....in no way am I referring to all resident hunters as the "entitlement crowd".
    When I refer to the "entitlement crowd" the label is reserved for a select group of individuals that really don't give a shit about wildlife values.
    Their only concern is to get all they can with no competition under the pretence they are out harvesting a cheap source of food for their empty gut.
    Maybe these same guys should take a hard look at what they are doing to allocated wildlife populations.
    Remember btridge when an outfitter gets quota on an allocated species his limit is set.
    How about in the case of LEH authorizations.....do you see room for a wreck when LEH "tickets" are handed out at a ratio of 100 plus for every animal targeted for the resident share of the AAH.
    With the lack of enforcement we have in this province no one knows if the resident harvest is under achieved, met or exceeded.
    Im a resident hunter and a guide as I've said before.
    I also want the right to hunt in my backyard as much as any other fellow hunter in BC.
    The differance between me and guys like you and Langegger is that I get the big picture.
    NEVER DO THEY ADMIT THEY MIGHT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
    Let's be clear on one thing Bearvalley.... in no way am I referring to all guide outfitters when I refer to the " entitled guide outfitters", when I use that label it refers to those greedy outfitters that did the back room deal with the less than truthful liberal government with NO concern about resident hunters or the wildlife....their concern was their bottom line.
    I do agree that when the quota is set for the outfitters it is a set limit, however, this also means you can sell that hunt until the animal is killed where as with the LEH, it is for one hunter to have an opportunity to hunt , NOT the same thing at all. I also beleive that there is a simple solution to control harvest numbers more accurately if the government has the balls to do it....have mandatory reporting of every game animal harvested by EVERY user group in BC and use real numbers not estimates to establish the AAH.
    The differance between guys like me and guys like you is that WE DO see the big picture, not just one guided by the bottom line as the " entitled guide outfitters" seem to be driven by.
    I will continue to advocate for wildlife as well as fight the absurd allocation put in place by the liberals.
    NEVER DO I HEAR THE "ENTITLED GUIDE OUTFITTERS" ADMIT THEY MIGHT BE A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

It can be done but is it really different than sharing amongst friends or hunting partners.
    In my case the meat that does not go home with the client due to logistic difficulties is donated to the local FN band.
    They appreciate the donation.
    One thing that needs to be remembered is that another animal will be harvested to replace the one that will no longer be donated.
    Residents are required to remove all edible portions. I use as much of my harvested meat as possible. I share some meat with my parents and sisters and the odd friend that asks if I have any wild meat.

Personally....I see no reason that non residents aren't required to take the meat home. If they cant take the meat home then they shouldn't be allowed to harvest the animal.
    Last edited by j270wsm; 07-30-2017 at 06:21 PM.

It's a lot easier for them to justify their existence when holding hands with First Nations and resident hunters. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we are being used.
    Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Residents are required to remove all edible portions. I use as much of my harvested meat as possible. I share some meat with my parents and sisters and the odd friend that asks if I have any wild meat.

Personally....I see no reason that non residents aren't required to take the meat home. If they cant take the meat home then they shouldn't be allowed to harvest the animal.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    It's a lot easier for them to justify their existence when holding hands with First Nations and resident hunters. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we are being used.

Now that hits the nail on the proverbial head.

Market hunting was banned a long time ago, "trophy" hunting is not far behind ... I think the good ol'boys should take their 10% happily, and quit using us lowly resident hunters to gain acceptance for their self-described "trophy" hunts for the elite. Very poor terminology at this point!

Hunting selectively is a personal choice that is defensible ... "trophy" hunting is not. It's time to stop giving the anti's a cheap and easy target.