Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water purification

Re: Water purification

the sawyer mini (pictured above) can be used as a in-line filter. but downside to that is use dirty your bladder.

I set up my Sawyer fast fill adapter on my water bladder hose last night. Works well, can squeeze in 2L through the filter and into the bladder in about 1 minute, without having to remove the bladder from the pack
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

The MSR Trailshot was recommended to me.. I'll be buying one soon for the fall.

https://vpo.ca/product/301135/trailshot-microfilter

How come more people aren't using a lifestraw? It looks like a good option.

reason I chose not to use the life straw was it only looks good to get a drink from a puddle and go. I want to be able to fill up multiple bottles encase I don't see water for a day or two.

I have a Katadyn hiker pronounced something like that. Works well..you can use the Nalgene top or just point the discharge at what you want to fill. I always pack the aqua tabs and use them mainly. Also have a life straw which is handy and cheap but recently on cathedral mtn with my daughter it gave up the ghost. Seems it was plugged up and couldn't get it to flow at all. I'll pick up another though
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

I always used coghlans tablets until Pristine came out in the late 90's or something. It *reputedly* kills everything, and I never had any problems.