Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad Indeed

Re: Sad Indeed

Very sad. Perhaps she had other issues that drove her to this end, but the idea of internet bullying being the source of enormous duress for people is of course well documented. See this piece I recently came across http://www.hcn.org/issues/49.12/trib...nted-by-trolls. None other than Paul Watson, founder of Sea Shepherd, has led the charge against a 16 year old kid. Hopefully, his friends and community circle round and insulate him from the vitriol being spewed by Watson and others.

I saw an interview with one of her close friends and they said it had nothing to do with the anti hunting crowd. Apparently she had some depression issues.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

It's too bad she thought her issues were so overwhelming she had to end her life,
    but the real disturbing issue is the callous attitude of the hypocritical anti hunting crowd.

If she was fighting mental health issues like depression constant slandering and threats online would certainly contribute to making her state of mind worse. These people commenting on her page are friggin sick.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    There must have been other issues. I doubt that an adult would kill themselves over some anti-hunting comments.
    I don't agree.

People are faceless and without remorse on social media.
    They can say anything that pops in to their little brain and not see the face of the person they are hating on.
    It is not much different that the bully in school.
    Just picking on you everyday will wear you down.
    Some can take it while others cannot.

RIP
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Vegans want us all dead, just like Islam.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
    I saw an interview with one of her close friends and they said it had nothing to do with the anti hunting crowd. Apparently she had some depression issues.
    I hope it was this. Maybe a romantic situation that went sideways. Still, depression and suicide while not uncommon is still tragedy.

Typical spineless pieces of internet garbage putting such hatred out for the loss of someones life. No matter what her issues were, she pursued and shared her passion. RIP young lady, karma will take care of the rest.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Yes it is very sad but as islandwanderer stated there must be another reason. Emotional stability, mental health issues ,long term depression or as small as a break up with a partner is most likely the deeper reason. Bullying from antis can go well beyond reason though. People who take their belief to the point of harming someone are just assholes.

You guys have no idea the amount of "pressure" anti hunting people dish out and the outright "eco-terrorism" choices of protest. I definitely see her being under a lot more stress, I definitely see her losing friends, social life, job opportunities. All for the same ****ing BS, if you're not like us, you're ...

Sad this happened, sad those pricks go online and post the garbage they do. I don't understand how some people can be like that, and then look themselves in the mirror every morning and be OK with it.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand