Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Lite

Re: First Lite

I also got a pair of Obsidian pants this year. They are awesome! Superior to the original Knaabs. The pockets are great and the fit is perfect. So comfortable, kind of feel like I am wearing pajamas! But the seem really durable. I got the new Cypher pattern, which I feel is superior to Fusion(no green, darker shades of brown) Highly recommend these pants! I also have four Chama's. Wear them everyday. Couldn't imagine life without them!
    stumpstalker.ca- Wood arrows, Spruce arrow shafts, and other trad gear.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."

Just did a few days hunting in the Knab merino pants (Obsidian has replaced this pant), the Knabs were good, but plenty warm in the +20 to 25 temps I was hiking in. Aerowool long sleeve shirt is a great base layer, and I threw on the Chama 1/4 zip hoodie when I would stop to glass early in the morning or evening. Uncompahgre is super warm, I throw that one on at night in camp and it doubles nicely as a pillow when stuffed into the stuff sack for my sleeping bag
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Im thinking of trying the Obsidian or the Corrugate guide pants. Anyone have both and prefer one over the other?? Looking for something I can wear all season and just layer under as the season progresses.

I have both, haven't worn the Obsidians yet (too fat, got a size L on a smoking buy when Grouse River tanked) -- have two pair Corrugates and really like them. Merino Obsidian will be warmer
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I find the corrugates a little warm in the first place. Haven't tried the obsidians yet but don't think I would need any warmer. Can always throw some base layer underneath if you need.

I think im going to give the Corrugate guides a go this season

where in BC sells first lite? hate not being able to try stuff on.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I have both, haven't worn the Obsidians yet (too fat, got a size L on a smoking buy when Grouse River tanked) -- have two pair Corrugates and really like them. Merino Obsidian will be warmer
    If you plan on staying fat let me know if you want to sell the obsidians.

Quote Originally Posted by redigar09 View Post
    where in BC sells first lite? hate not being able to try stuff on.
    Grouse River used to. I think I saw a small selection at Bass Pro I in Tswwassen to. I also think Vantage Point Outfitters on the island has some as well. I agree with you though, as much as I’ve heard they make awesome gear, I’d want to try before I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    If you plan on staying fat let me know if you want to sell the obsidians.