Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First Lite

Re: First Lite

Ive got my eye on that corrugate jacket, looks pretty slick.

Only selling direct now?

I was getting Fl from MilArm in Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Only selling direct now?

I was getting Fl from MilArm in Alberta.
    Milarms is done.

Yes selling straight from the company now, just like Kuiu.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Darn, I hope in the process the items don't end up more expensive. I thought that MilArms pricing was pretty decent, I never complained.

I slowly switched to Sitka and then started acumulating some FL and was planning on getting more. We will see lol

Most of the US dealers are clearing out stock because of the shift to direct-sale. If you have a way to purchase to a US address (use a shipping broker in Blaine, drive over to pick it up), it's a good time to stock up.

I've read on another forum that prices will be lower.

I ordered a neck gaiter awhile back, used it the first time yesterday while snowshoeing. Holy crap it's awesome. Don't need to do the toque over a baseball cap to keep my ears warm, just pull it up so it covers my ears, drop a baseball cap over it and rock on. Neck stays warm even though we were in the clouds. I'm sold!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Bit late on this tread but here's a question.

Does anyone have any experience with the First Lite Vapour Ultralight 2 layer rain gear? Does not really make sense to buy rain gear that is light in weight if it is also "light" in performance. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jim2325 View Post
    Bit late on this tread but here's a question.

Does anyone have any experience with the First Lite Vapour Ultralight 2 layer rain gear? Does not really make sense to buy rain gear that is light in weight if it is also "light" in performance. Thoughts?
    ive got the 'old' boundary stormtight jacket and pants. Minimalist design and nicely packable, I believe it's a little heavier than the new VAPOUR. But I wouldn't be afraid of buying for fear it's 'light in performance'. I have a stormfront set I use for all day rain wear. But the 'old' boundary stuff is my just in case packed set. I'd have no fear wearing it all day either in the bush

I have the vapour jacket. Not right for the coast. I bought it to have as a emergency layer in my pack. Wear it in a downpour, it wets out pretty fast. The SEAK is much better for all kinds of rain, and thats how those two pieces are intended to be worn. I will wear my Helly Hansen or Arcteryx when it is pissing.
    stumpstalker.ca- Wood arrows, Spruce arrow shafts, and other trad gear.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."