Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HBC Members Thoughts on 7mm-08 Capabilty

Re: HBC Members Thoughts on 7mm-08 Capabilty

Well my hunting seasons over.. time to obsess about 2019 season and get a new gun!!
    ive been a 300wsm 300wm 30-06 guy since day 1, but I love the 7mm bullet and can be gone with heavy recoil, just more energy hitting the tree after a pass through.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    LOL albravo2 WE can't seem to get enough RIGHT answers so we keep asking ! RJ
    Nailed it! Right on buddy.

I started a thread last month about the 2 best cartridges for BC, hoping to get a bunch of people telling me I was right with a 6.5 PRC and a 9.3x62. Then that dang WF started yapping off about some new 300 PRC and all of a sudden I'm researching a new build. If you guys would just tell me what I want to hear I'd save a pile of dough!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Can't go wrong with the 7/08 or the 6.5 creed
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Nailed it! Right on buddy.

I started a thread last month about the 2 best cartridges for BC, hoping to get a bunch of people telling me I was right with a 6.5 PRC and a 9.3x62. Then that dang WF started yapping off about some new 300 PRC and all of a sudden I'm researching a new build. If you guys would just tell me what I want to hear I'd save a pile of dough!
    Sorry buddy but having just two rifles/cartridges is just silly talk but only having a 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC is a pretty good tandem, don’t worry about the money Al, you can’t it take with you so enjoy it while your here I say.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    don’t worry about the money Al, you can’t it take with you so enjoy it while your here I say.
    My sentiments exactly. My mom (84) recently said that she wanted a brand new fancy walker because she and dad saved their whole lives for comfortable golden years. Me, I'll take a crappy used walker off craigslist when I'm 84 and I'll enjoy these days right now.

Love your signature line... take that RJ and Gatehouse!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Its funny, on a lot of forums you get flamed for posting a question that has been answered before but we seem to have an insatiable appetite for discussing calibers, cartridges, bullets and trucks.

Carry on!
    30 is kinda boring but sure works, 6.5 is cool and 7mm is a decent bet too, keep it simple stay with the -08 family, ttsx is your huckleberry and an F150 will get you there passing the stuck chevys and broke down rams along the way. You're welcome.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

My little " BUDDY " is getting a little bit out of LINE sayin the New King is the 300 PRC ! lol RJ

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Exclamation Re: HBC Members Thoughts on 7mm-08 Capabilty

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    My little " BUDDY " is getting a little bit out of LINE sayin the New King is the 300 PRC ! lol RJ
    little ? Your the only one calling me little ! Must have R26 in those eyes ! I run into a cpl old Fisherman in Rupert today, first words out of there mouth was geez you’ve put on a few LBs, nice to see you guys to

The reamer for the 300 PRC is sitting my mailbox so looking forward to that build, Stiller Predator Action Barrel to be determined !

yes the 7mm-08 is an excellent cartridge, one of if not the best SA cartridges ever produced.
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 12-03-2018 at 07:54 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

it will kill anything that you hit in the right place given a suitable bullet