Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HBC Members Thoughts on 7mm-08 Capabilty

Re: HBC Members Thoughts on 7mm-08 Capabilty

EDIT: dangit looks like Gatehouse took his vid down.

Oh< I thought the link didn't work, so I deleted it!

Bottom line is that my buddy shot a very big Island elk with his 7-08, I helped him work up a load with 145gr LRX and it was a one shot kill. PG66 filmed it, great bull.

So the 7-08, often dismissed as a "ladies gun" is a real killer. And why wouldn't it be? It's only slightly smaller in diameter than a .308 and the .308 and .303 are proven killers of big game in Canada.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Just got myself a 7-08 on a trade with a guy on here, Its beautiful gun and have only heard great things as far as the caliber goes, lots of factory ammo for it. WS had a good selection but CT had better selection and way better price for the same boxes, 10 bucks cheaper in some cases, CT has really stepped up their game in the loops.

I have shot game with the 7-08 and the 308 and I LOVE both cartridges ! The 7-08 has ways killed well for me ! I used to use a 140 Partition but have now changed over to a 120 TTSX RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Oh< I thought the link didn't work, so I deleted it!

Bottom line is that my buddy shot a very big Island elk with his 7-08, I helped him work up a load with 145gr LRX and it was a one shot kill. PG66 filmed it, great bull.

So the 7-08, often dismissed as a "ladies gun" is a real killer. And why wouldn't it be? It's only slightly smaller in diameter than a .308 and the .308 and .303 are proven killers of big game in Canada.
    Link worked fine, beautiful bull!

Its a pretty big caliber but its good to have lots of gun!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I have shot game with the 7-08 and the 308 and I LOVE both cartridges ! The 7-08 has ways killed well for me ! I used to use a 140 Partition but have now changed over to a 120 TTSX RJ

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated.

RJ,
    Why did you change to a lighter bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated.

RJ,
    Why did you change to a lighter bullet?
    Probably for a few reasons. Since the 120 gr. TTSX retains almost a hundred percent of it's original weight upon impact it's like shooting a cup and core or bonded bullet that is 20-30 gr,. heavier,,,,,, BUT you you get GREATER velocity, no lead contaminents in the meat, you can eat right up to the hole (little or no meat damage), and the TTSX are as accurate as hell!

Anyway,,,,that's why I made the switch.

And when that little 120 mono fails to expand and pencils through, we'll hear "Any suggestions on a good scope? I shot at a huge buck yesterday and missed. Must be my shitty scope. Can't believe I missed, I was holding dead on."
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    And when that little 120 mono fails to expand and pencils through, we'll hear "Any suggestions on a good scope? I shot at a huge buck yesterday and missed. Must be my shitty scope. Can't believe I missed, I was holding dead on."
    Funny you mention that, a buddy of mine was livid that he lost a nice bull elk because the bullet 'penciled through', not sure how he figured that as he never recovered the bull, but he swore to never use them again.