Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the collective -- trail camera theft

Re: Question for the collective -- trail camera theft

I think you are going to have to let it go and call it a lesson learned. If you did find out who it is, and he is honest he would give it back, what if he denies it, then what? Unless you have caught him red handed, it's gone.

I would try, you never know though.

It sucks getting ripped off. You really have no proof of who messed with your camera. I am pretty sure asking someone if they stole it is going to get a big fat no. Going to the police? That will get you no where. Only course of action is putting it behind you and hiding your cameras better. sorry for your loss

Agreed. Thievery, cheating, and lying hang out in the same crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    I am pretty sure asking someone if they stole it is going to get a big fat no.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Agreed. Thievery, cheating, and lying hang out in the same crowd.

Probaby right in that front. Have passed it on to some friends in the region and they are spreading the word -- it's a small world up by Barrière.

They know a lot of people in the region and you never know.

Heard a lot of mushroom hunters were around last year and it could have been one of those versus a hunter.

I mean, who would drive a right hand drive 2 tone 3rd gen 4Runner with the word surf on the side of it hunting? They didn't have a stitch of camo on either.

Not accusing, just wanted to ask . . .

The cameras are yours, and the photos are also yours. It has been proven time and again that there should be no expectation of privacy in a public place- basically in public, it's legal for you to photo who and what you want. You can do what you want with your photos, including post them on social media such as HBC. You can even ask if anyone knows who is in these photos that you took. Social media often has pictures of people that are of interest because of their proximity to a crime. It's quite common these days.

You can say "My property went missing with this guy in the area. Anyone know who he is so I can contact him?"

What you cannot do is say "This guy stole my property, I have a photo of him in the area, so he is obviously a thief"
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

If you let this go without an attempt to right this wrong this is what makes our system fail. I have been involved with dirt bags most of my life in my career and they all say people allow them to take advantage of them and they laugh at our attempt to stop their criminal activity they view us as weak victims to be exploited. don't take this up the back side dry as they say fight back. They don't deserve your consideration to be kind, they see it as being weak. Really I have this from the horses' mouth don't let them screw you.

Quote Originally Posted by VFX_man View Post
    Probaby right in that front. Have passed it on to some friends in the region and they are spreading the word -- it's a small world up by Barrière.

They know a lot of people in the region and you never know.

Heard a lot of mushroom hunters were around last year and it could have been one of those versus a hunter.

I mean, who would drive a right hand drive 2 tone 3rd gen 4Runner with the word surf on the side of it hunting? They didn't have a stitch of camo on either.

Not accusing, just wanted to ask . . .
    Surf is what that model of hilux is called in countries where it's not called a 4runner.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

guest Guest

Find a tall Oak tree ........ Hang EM high in the streets ........ For all the people to see.

Unless you you have certain proof ........ I wish you luck, but those that screw with others cameras are Scum Bags.

I think the vehicle is local..description rings a bell
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

My interest is piqued. Out of curiosity I would like to see the picture of this rare and unusual truck.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"