Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We may have some work to do.........

Re: We may have some work to do.........

My co-worker and I each saw one on different blocks up near Turtle Valley this week, but those had nothing to do with fires.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    So when is a beef feral? When off its trad territory? Mmmm burgers and franks
    Yeah , I predict there will be some rustling charges in the news in the future of some gullible hunters .

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    LOL! The description of feral pigs is just that - domestic pigs that have escaped their pen!

And yeah, they are Wide Open here in BC as in many other jurisdictions.
    Just be damned certain they ain't got anything even close to resembling a fence around them!

Cheers,
    Nog
    There may be something to this .... I figured that it surely meant the pigs that resemble the feral hogs in the states that are hunted , (there was a farmer in the lumby area that raises them) other areas I am sure . I would think that any feral pigs would be of this variety but ?

To even joke about taking advantage of someones misfortune during this time is beyond my line of thinking. These animals belong to some hard working people who have suffered a severe set back in life.

Still haven't seen anyone harvest a farel pig in BC...always rumors, a friend of a friend. There was even a big article in FSJ about it and they found a skull and it appeared the animal was eaten by a grizz...I don't believe that pigs would survive our winters with the number of predators around personally. If they would, we would probably see pics from lucky successful hunters from Im not telling creek
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    Still haven't seen anyone harvest a farel pig in BC...always rumors, a friend of a friend. There was even a big article in FSJ about it and they found a skull and it appeared the animal was eaten by a grizz...I don't believe that pigs would survive our winters with the number of predators around personally. If they would, we would probably see pics from lucky successful hunters from Im not telling creek

Than can survive our winters look at Russia. Alberta has them as well seen pics and know people who shot them. But most have never seen the pigs in Alberta so numbers must be low

there was wild pigs Harrison way my Dad seen them when I was a kid but have not heard any sightings for sometime. Predators in BC might be why

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie O View Post
    To even joke about taking advantage of someones misfortune during this time is beyond my line of thinking. These animals belong to some hard working people who have suffered a severe set back in life.
    This is not an attempt to get a free ticket because of someones misfortune (such as do looters), this is more of a concern over the effects of wild pigs on native wildlife habitat. They are incredibly destructive and once a breeding population is established, very hard to eradicate.

If they can recover the pigs, great, if not we better be on it quickly......
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

I think wild pigs could survive our winters, but we don't have the food sources in BC forests to sustain a wild hog population - (or the large industrial farmlands)

I used to get excited about some wild bacon, but it is mostly a pipe dream fed by videos from the southern states.

Some states have banned wild pig hunting to stop dudes from "accidently" letting them go on their property to create a new hunting revenue source.