Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire watch past time

Re: Fire watch past time

Hope it works out for you tigrr. Looks like a decent hose you got going.I got Sunday off if you need help/groceries.Can I access your place from P.G.?

Hoping for weather change for you!I can relate,stayed at my cabin in 2006 Tatoosh wild fire. Had 2 fire pumps and sprinklers running day and night .Sick helpless feeling, thick layers of ash raining down.You can cut the air with a knife some days .Its worth it keeps your mind busy .I wouldn't want to be somewhere else wondering what the hell was happening with my place .Everything was sure green after all that watering .Good luck thoughts are with you and all others in your position.
    Last edited by GEF; 07-26-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Good for you tigrr....I would much rather have my destiny and the future of my place in my hands too...

Wishing you all the best tigrr!

Well a friend snuck in the back roads and brought a brand new 85 psi Honda high pressure fire pump to me. 200 feet of 1 1/2" hose. Yes it has been tested out already. He also brought a cooler full of fruits and vegetables. With the 2 pumps it does boost the confidence up a bit. Still if the wind is over 35kms a person should still evacuate. But my place will be wet when I leave. And yes we are still packed. Ashcroft had 70 km winds for a bit. thanks for all the well wishes.
    1day at a time.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Keep your head up tiggr.Lots of folks rootin for you and your home.

Was just told today they have been dropping water on the fire behind me that was out they said. What a flipping roller coaster ride.
    Hard to sleep well during uncertain times.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Glade I don't have breathing issues. The Chilcotin is on fire.

How is the watering going?Is it all nice and lush around the homestead?Hoping for the best for you !I will bet you didn't think retirement would be such hard work!

Wish you all the best. We have heard rumours our place is gone and won't know until it is safe for the crews to go in and assess the area. So far we just know structures have been lost First and foremost stay safe.....