Hey just looking for some help. Me and my hunting partner made a batch of bear pep. 100lbs of bear and 25 lbs of pork . Used 1 ounce of cure per 20lbs of meat and 6ounces of salt per 20lbs of meat. We also added spices . After casing we put them in the fridge over night and smoked the next day for 8 hours. Only so long because the smoker couldn't get the internal temp of the pepperoni to 160F. So to finish them we used an oven 215F for 2 hour until 160F was reach in the stick measured with a meat thermometer . The batch I did was hung up right away , my hunting partners batch was put in a pile in the smoker with heat on low until I could pick it up to hang it. I thought he would spread it out to dry properly but it only sat that way for a few hours. After hanging I've noticed the ones I did are drying properly but his are still moist or greasy on the outside? Should I leave them to hang dry another day or should I worry about mold ? Is it normal for pepperoni to be moist on the outside prior to drying? The meat is hanging in my garage witch is cool . Thanks guys n gals