Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can you eat wolf???

Re: Can you eat wolf???

Why? When we have moose, elk, deer and bear meat to dine upon?? They could feed wolf to all the down and outs at St. Vincents I suppose.

Re: Can you eat wolf???

Quote Originally Posted by shortrange View Post
    I ate dog once in Shanghai many years ago. Some street vendor guy was selling sticks of roasted meat and he was cooking it over a brazier. It smelled great so I tried some. It was savory. He said it was dog. Since I already had eaten some when I got that info it was too late to turn back. In China they call it "fragrant meat". Put it on your bucket list for sure. As for horse, I had it a few times and it is like beef. Just leaner. When you eat any meat be sure you know exactly where it came from. Otherwise you are taking a risk. I probably shouldn't have eaten dog from a street vendor, but then I was younger and stupider
    A lifetime and couple of million airmiles ago when I first started working offshore a wise Honduran geo gave me some advice when I walked up to a street vender's cart. That was: "El que come de la calle, Muere en la calle". This translates to "He who eats from the street, dies in the street". I should have listened to and heeded his advice. Just about everytime I had health issues it was because I ignored that sage advice and fed from a street vendor stand anywhere from Africa to Asia to South America.

Poor Vern actually died from hepatitis.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."