Thread: Moose 5-04 A

Moose 5-04 A

Hi everyone, well on my first year putting in I got LEH moose draw for 5-04 zone A. My time period is the first two weeks of October. From what I've researched already its not going to be an easy hunt. Very limited roads and no atv use. It covers Chilko lake to Taseko lakes. Any suggestions, tips or input on the area, general moose hunting strategy, or accommodations would be much appreciated Anything helps!

Cheers,

Cole

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose 5-04 A

I now know the Government puts these draws out to catch unsuspecting hunters like yourself Colbat.The draw you got is mostly on Aboriginal Land Title land.No go for the White Man.Sorry Partner.

Only a small portion in the north end of my zone is title land, still substantial area to hunt.

Looks to me like you need a jet boat or some horses.

I stand corrected Colbat.Was looking at wrong map.You could try Taseko River/Lake area.Pretty tough area.Not a ton of moose but never say never.

I camped at big lake a few years ago. We made a mistake on our leh entry and put the wrong code down as our choice. moose hunting wasn't so good but the fishing was ok. you are correct on the limited roads.

try around kulkoot lake ,5500 rd,2000 rd,camped by circle a meadow, waters good n easy..bambrick crk, veedan mt,are all close by,go in through gang ranch,leave the area cleaner then was when you go in,good luck,remember moose huntings 98% luck,be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by jbruce View Post
    try around kulkoot lake ,5500 rd,2000 rd,camped by circle a meadow, waters good n easy..bambrick crk, veedan mt,are all close by,go in through gang ranch,leave the area cleaner then was when you go in,good luck,remember moose huntings 98% luck,be patient.
    I think this area you described is 5-04C. Is the OP authorized for there as well? I know some of the zones were combined when we went but cant remember which ones. B and C or ?