Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which VX3i.....

Re: Which VX3i.....

Finnlight 30-06 I'd opt for the Vx3i 3.5-10x40, I use this scope on my 338-06, and my buddy has one on his 280 Ackley. it's great

this scope was voted by us at HBC as best choice for the best rifle for hunting in BC, which turned out to be a Sako 30-06

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...g-game-hunting

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...-rifle-is-best

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...big-game-rifle

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...cope-for-30-06

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...10x40-on-30-06
    Last edited by todbartell; 07-12-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by RobTurbo View Post
    Thanks for all the input! AND LOL IslandWanderer...my next rifle (long range) will have a Z3 for sure.

My eyes are still good (33 yrs young). The rifle currently has Sako Optilock on them. Weight is a consideration for sure. Leaning towards the 2.5-8 but wanted to make sure my thoughts were in line. No bad choice really though.
    Just for interest sake here's the weights of the Leupold VX3i Duplex scopes

2.5-8x36............11.4oz
    3.5-10x40..........12.6oz
    4.5-14x40..........13.0oz
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

while i'm a big fan of Leupold, i gotta say after looking at a Swarovski Z3 the other day, i am totally in love with the Plex reticle over Leupold's Duplex.

Duplex is just too thin, and the Heavy Duplex is just too thick in the middle. The Swarovski Plex is what I would consider an ideal reticle.

Now i just need to convince myself that i should pay $1100 for it over $650 for a Vx3i ........

Quote Originally Posted by RobTurbo View Post
    Thanks for all the input! AND LOL IslandWanderer...my next rifle (long range) will have a Z3 for sure.

My eyes are still good (33 yrs young). The rifle currently has Sako Optilock on them. Weight is a consideration for sure. Leaning towards the 2.5-8 but wanted to make sure my thoughts were in line. No bad choice really though.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Damn the used one on CGN for $500 shipped was picked up before I got my s**t together.

Now it'll be a coin flip for what deals show up first. Thanks again for everyones input!

Do you mean "re-chamber" or "re-barrel"?

One will work, the other explode. You said the explode one

For a 30-06 or 338-06: 2.5-8x36... but that sako eurotrash is pretty long between the uprights, you might not get the body length or eye relief you need. 3.5-10 might be necessary. Put rings on the gun, take it to the shop and try the scopes for eye relief.

Hey Bearman on HERE has (4) NEW VX3 I 3.5-10 s for $550.00 shipped to you - EXCELLENT scope and a Hell OF a DEAL too - get one before there all Sold ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Hey Bearman on HERE has (4) NEW VX3 I 3.5-10 s for $550.00 shipped to you - EXCELLENT scope and a Hell OF a DEAL too - get one before there all Sold ! RJ
    Thanks for the heads up! I grabbed one off hin as soon as I saw it come up over on CGN. Should be here Wednesday. Looking forward to posting positive reviews once it arrives as the transaction was one of the best I've had.

Thanks again for everyones input! I'll update once I get to use it

FYI, I had a ruger in 270 win re-bored by Ron smith(RKS) a couple years ago to 338-06. It was under $400.
    Proud member of the fringe minority!

Quote Originally Posted by islandhunter View Post
    FYI, I had a ruger in 270 win re-bored by Ron smith(RKS) a couple years ago to 338-06. It was under $400.
    Nice ! But took how long to get it done ? RJ