Thread: Alps mountaineering commander frame pack

Alps mountaineering commander frame pack

Have a 5-6 day muley hunt planned this fall and still looking for a pack without breaking the bank. Seen this alps mountaineering commmander pack on amazon for a little over 200$. Curious if anyone out there has experience with theses packs.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Alps mountaineering commander frame pack

I have one. Bought it on Amazon last year was $135 then. I haven't had any issues with it personally. Pretty comfortable and distributes the weight nicely. Lots of adjustments to mess around with to get the right fit. Better packs out there of course but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again based on my experiences with it.

I used one for 3 or 4 years, very good bang for your buck for sure. Packed out a few animals with it, there are better packs, but not anywhere near this price range!

ive had mine for say 3 or 4 years. like the guys above me said, you can't beat the value. its a good solid pack, has lasted me through a few tough hunts, even a sheep hunt in the cassiars. great option for a small budget

Did a 6 day hunt with a buddy on here with everything in the pack ( food, cooking stove, clothes, rifle, water, ect) total 62 pounds. worked well. More info ask I have the stains and pics to prove

It's my hiking, hike in camping, and hunting pack, like others have said, comfortable and well built for the price, and packs out critters well..

Did the job hauling a moose out of the bush this year for me. This coming weekend will be my first time using the bag portion, going to see how it is on a few km hike into some alpine.

Good Old Outdoors "I was so puckered up down betweenst my butt cheeks I could have made a world class diamond that Beyonce herself couldn't even handle."

It's a great pack for the money, iv since upgraded to the commander extreme and it's amazing.

all in all it will serve you well.

This will be my first backpack hunt so the input is greatly appreciated. Assuming it's big enough to pack all supplies and a beboned deer. I've also come across a used eberlstoxk dragonfly and a badlands ox for 100-150$ more but reviews don't seem very well for either.