Thread: Interesting data - animal movements

Post Interesting data - animal movements

Hi all, just compiled the trail camera pictures and data from a 6 week deployment ---- Feels like I need to add a few more cameras to this location to better track movements.

The breakdown:
    Sundays: 15
    Mondays: 10
    Tuesdays: 5
    Wednesdays: 10
    Thursdays: 1
    Fridays: 15
    Saturdays: 11

Find it interesting why Tuesdays and Thursdays get so little activity. Maybe deer day at Canadian Tire?

Only 1 visit on a Thursday in a 6 week period. Wonder if there is elevated logging/traffic activity on that day or something -- know that drops off [logging] on the weekend, hence more camera activity(?).

The next check should be in 2.5 weeks [5 week session] and by then I should be able to "name" the specific deer(s). Already the "big split guard one" I can ID has shifted to a midnight-2am visit. So need to find where he hangs during the day.

A few fires are in the area and more traffic is on the roads fighting the fires, so not sure if that will alter behaviour on this current session. Hope the firefighters are safe.

You all seen any similar trends in your monitoring?

Currently I think there are 4/5 bucks and 1 doe in this area -- but hard to ID the doe(s), so difficult to say.

Cheers, VFX

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Interesting data - animal movements

You should cross reference the dates with the moon phases at that time and I bet you will have some answers

Quote Originally Posted by VFX_man View Post
    Hi all, just compiled the trail camera pictures and data from a 6 week deployment ---- Feels like I need to add a few more cameras to this location to better track movements.

The breakdown:
    Sundays: 15
    Mondays: 10
    Tuesdays: 5
    Wednesdays: 10
    Thursdays: 1
    Fridays: 15
    Saturdays: 11

Find it interesting why Tuesdays and Thursdays get so little activity. Maybe deer day at Canadian Tire?

Only 1 visit on a Thursday in a 6 week period. Wonder if there is elevated logging/traffic activity on that day or something -- know that drops off [logging] on the weekend, hence more camera activity(?).

The next check should be in 2.5 weeks [5 week session] and by then I should be able to "name" the specific deer(s). Already the "big split guard one" I can ID has shifted to a midnight-2am visit. So need to find where he hangs during the day.

A few fires are in the area and more traffic is on the roads fighting the fires, so not sure if that will alter behaviour on this current session. Hope the firefighters are safe.

You all seen any similar trends in your monitoring?

Currently I think there are 4/5 bucks and 1 doe in this area -- but hard to ID the doe(s), so difficult to say.

Cheers, VFX
    VFX_man........welcome to the obsession that comes with cam'n.
    I have tightened the noose to as many cams as 6-8 in a 10 to 20 acre area when I am on a quality buck and end up with even more questions than answers sometime.
    If u keep cam'n and pay attention to the data u acquire patterns, those patterns will declare themselves.

I have said this repeatedly......once you know the inventory in a given area one begins to hunt at a different level.
    You r after a target....a buck u know...a buck u want.

Don't analyze until u r paralyzed during the process.
    Ur on the right path for success.
    Keep it up

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

My wife gets picks of evwrything i just get pics of my daughter and i's butts...lol damm cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by untilthelastbeat View Post
    You should cross reference the dates with the moon phases at that time and I bet you will have some answers
    Interesting, seems to not matter based on current data. It's following days of the week right now. Need more data.

Thanks, VFX