Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: how to attach gun to pack, any ideas

Re: how to attach gun to pack, any ideas

I have a gun bearer and hate it. I don't like how the scopes always in your armpit and the rifle always feels like it's trying to flip over. I have a mystery ranch sling on order and think it's a way better idea

Lots of packs with integrated bow/rifle slings I use a tenzing 2200 and I love it but probably going to pick up a eberlstock for my upcoming mountain elk hunt.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by Ry151 View Post
    I have a gun bearer and hate it. I don't like how the scopes always in your armpit and the rifle always feels like it's trying to flip over. I have a mystery ranch sling on order and think it's a way better idea
    I'll take it off your hands for a good deal

sounds like you don't have it setup correctly

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    sounds like you don't have it setup correctly
    It's a fairly simple idea but if you have any advice to make it fit better I'd listen to what you have to say

It's a fairly simple idea but if you have any advice to make it fit better I'd listen to what you have to say
    that velcro loop on the shoulder strap, does it wrap around you gun barrel or your rifle stock? I think i tried mine around my rifle barrel and it wanted roll like you mentioned, if you shorted up the bottom craddle part that attaches to your waist belt so that the rifle is higher up you'll be able to wrap around you gun stock. Also play around with the location of that velcro loop on your shoulder strap, ( up and down)

FYI I ordered a Gun Bearer a few weeks ago and when it arrived Customs wanted $15. I told them to send it back. You may get lucky and not get dinged, but $15 for a $50 item is ridiculous.
    Christopher Hitchens: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
    Jonathan Swift: “It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”

US made goods means they were only charging you sales tax. The rest was the Canadian customs 'handling fee' - usually a $10 flat rate when items are shipped USPS. That's too bad though. I have yet to pay a penny to customs for any of my Kifaru orders. Knock on wood.

Agreed🙌... Removed commander stock pouch and replaced with gun bearer. Much, much better. There was mention of scope in armpit, I'm a shorter framed guy and don't have that problem. Had to play with it to get it right. Couple pack trips is all it took. Gun bearer works great for me!!!

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by bloody bellies View Post
    just wondering what people use to hold there gun in place when hiking, just a sling would swing around , but I need it to be accessible quickly, I'm sure there are many ideas out there and a few products to buy.
    In Grizzly Country its a bad Idea, I hope you never find outthe hard way !

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !