Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: caddisguy got a bow !

Re: caddisguy got a bow !

Quote Originally Posted by keoke View Post
    He is a mild verson of jelvis. ��
    Jelvis with a pocket protector.

Was this a private sale or a store special? I've been thinking about getting back into bows. It it's not something I feel like investing a fortune into.

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    Was this a private sale or a store special? I've been thinking about getting back into bows. It it's not something I feel like investing a fortune into.
    Store special. I was lucky to get it. They told me on the phone they didn't have any RH models left for any of the clearance bows (the clearance had been going on for some time) but the online inventory showed 3 at the Langley location and some in other locations. I ended up calling their main # to ask if they could confirm whether or not any of the other stores had them, but they insisted their inventory was right and Langley had 3 and to call them back... so I did, and they found one.

$269 for a $499 package and a free $69 case ... I was quite pleased lol ... I planned to go to a specialty store, spend over 1k and get properly outfitted by some gurus. I still might, but this gets me in the game. I can always upgrade and give this one to caddisgirl.

The free case was pretty big though (especially for the Bear Cruzer which is on the small side) so I bought a compact hard case today that just barely fits the bow... actually have to take the stabilizer off to get it in. I'll try and sell the other one for $20-30 on craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybe14 View Post
    Hey man i think u live in langley right? Get urself a annual pass with keys to the semiahmoo fish and game club (can go to out door range when ever u want about 20 mins from langley) and practice. Compound is easy to get hunting ready go out a few week nights and at least a few hours on a weekend and by the end of the summer you will be hunt ready.

Get boorman in new west to set u up with arrows and a 1 hr lesson to vet gou going

IMO i don't achery hunt much bc my skills as a hunter aren't there yet but it is funner than rifle imo. I practice on grouse right now instead of bringing a 22 during the open season

Some people have mentioned Semiahmoo to me. I will definitely check it out, as I don't have a back yard to practice in and having people around to tell me all the stuff I am doing wrong will help. I could use some adult supervision lol

YouTube is gold as some have mentioned. I subscribed to a few different channels. nockonarchery (John Dudley) and Sean's Outdoor Adventures are a couple of the ones I have been watching.

I can't wait to try shooting. I have this wrist gadget (like a release but no trigger so virtually no risk of dry firing) for pulling back the string... some might frown upon that, but it's helped me get comfortable with it and figure out proper grip and stance. Now I am fairly confident I won't mess up my face or my arm with the string

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    Jelvis with a pocket protector.
    And dueling banjos... the legends are true... beware
    Last edited by caddisguy; 07-09-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    Watch John Dudley on YouTube,lots of very good info. You might be a little optimistic about being ready for this September,but maybe you are a natural. There is a lot to learn ,for me I have to keep telling myself"perfect practice makes perfect". Oh , and don't "machine gun " your arrows take your time. Have fun and good luck.
    X2 For John Dudley of Nock On Archery, he is the archery guru! He has tonnes of great youtube videos, awesome podcast, mini lessons on his website.. I bought the back tension release he designed called the Silverback, and made a little practice rig. I don't have a bow yet but I'm working on my form and execution while I save up for what I want, all my instruction is from his media, and I have lots of confidence already that I am doing things right. I will also suggest "Just Shooting Arrows" in North Vancouver for archery shop needs. Lucian is super honest, down to earth, and isn't out there to rip anyone off. I'll be going to him for when I buy my bow, and all the extras needed. I went into the shop just to talk to him once about my needs, and even knowing I wasn't buying anything for even a year from that day, he spent well over an hour talking to me about my options and giving me a rough idea of pricing, talking me through some of the little things that I would have never thought about. Gave me total confidence in his customer service, 10/10!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Some people have mentioned Semiahmoo to me. I will definitely check it out, as I don't have a back yard to practice in and having people around to tell me all the stuff I am doing wrong will help. I could use some adult supervision lol

YouTube is gold as some have mentioned. I subscribed to a few different channels. nockonarchery (John Dudley) and Sean's Outdoor Adventures are a couple of the ones I have been watching.

I can't wait to try shooting. I have this wrist gadget (like a release but no trigger so virtually no risk of dry firing) for pulling back the string... some might frown upon that, but it's helped me get comfortable with it and figure out proper grip and stance. Now I am fairly confident I won't mess up my face or my arm with the string
    FYI
    Do not shoot your bow in a back yard in Langley!

Its consider a "firearm" in the by-laws and there are repercussions if you were caught.
    Surrey, its legal as not considered a firearm. However I would still avoid detection as a neighbor could call in and police might hassle you.

I shoot in my grandma/grandpa's back yard in Surrey but its pretty secluded so I don't have to worry too much about the hassle.

Check the bylaws of cities before shooting though within city limits.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybe14 View Post
    FYI
    Do not shoot your bow in a back yard in Langley!

Its consider a "firearm" in the by-laws and there are repercussions if you were caught.
    Surrey, its legal as not considered a firearm. However I would still avoid detection as a neighbor could call in and police might hassle you.

I shoot in my grandma/grandpa's back yard in Surrey but its pretty secluded so I don't have to worry too much about the hassle.

Check the bylaws of cities before shooting though within city limits.
    May be true in Langley City but it is completely legal in the Township of Langley...

spoke with bylaw last year, cant remember if it was langley city or township, but whomever it was, i was told shooting a bow is completely legal so long as it is at a stationary target. and no, the blacktail thats standing still doesnt qualify as a stationary target, i asked lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FortBoy View Post
    spoke with bylaw last year, cant remember if it was langley city or township, but whomever it was, i was told shooting a bow is completely legal so long as it is at a stationary target. and no, the blacktail thats standing still doesnt qualify as a stationary target, i asked lol.
    Hahaha well that's to bad