Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: caddisguy got a bow !

caddisguy got a bow !

My initial plan was to buy once and cry once, but I came across a deal for an entry level RTS package that was too good to pass up.

$269 for a Bear Cruzer RTS package with a hard compound bow case included.

Now the learning curve begins. I have this cool little bow with very little knowledge of how to work with compound bows, let alone shoot one properly.

Feeling overwhelmed and excited to learn. I have a feeling it's going to be a YouTube night!

Who knows, maybe I will be ready to give bow season a shot in September

2. Site Sponsor

Re: caddisguy got a bow !

Does cadisguy always call himself cadisguy? Lol congrats archery is super fun and addicting

He is a mild verson of jelvis. ��
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

Good on yeah man.

It gets addicting fast! Buy a target and you can prob practise 20 - 30 yards in your back yard.

Hey man i think u live in langley right? Get urself a annual pass with keys to the semiahmoo fish and game club (can go to out door range when ever u want about 20 mins from langley) and practice. Compound is easy to get hunting ready go out a few week nights and at least a few hours on a weekend and by the end of the summer you will be hunt ready.

Get boorman in new west to set u up with arrows and a 1 hr lesson to vet gou going

IMO i don't achery hunt much bc my skills as a hunter aren't there yet but it is funner than rifle imo. I practice on grouse right now instead of bringing a 22 during the open season

They say with a compound if you start with good technique, which you should be able to learn watching some vids, that it won't take too long to get at least decent with it, alot quicker than with a traditional..

Personally I would steer clear of Boormans but that's just my opinion.

Repetition and consistency are your two best friends.

Have fun!

Watch John Dudley on YouTube,lots of very good info. You might be a little optimistic about being ready for this September,but maybe you are a natural. There is a lot to learn ,for me I have to keep telling myself"perfect practice makes perfect". Oh , and don't "machine gun " your arrows take your time. Have fun and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    Does cadisguy always call himself cadisguy? Lol congrats archery is super fun and addicting
    was wondering the same thing

Archerytalk forum has endless info on all archery topics and lots of guys willing to help out if you ask questions.