Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 20 a Caribou

Re: 6 20 a Caribou

Ya but there is no moose open season where your caribou tag is.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Quote Originally Posted by RomanianTHUNDER View Post
    Your probably right but i have to do with what i got . Have you done this hunt ? Do you have a suggestion for a starting point into the area ?
    Yes I've hunted the area. Took a float plane in though...

I'm doing the 6-20A caribou/ sheep hunt too... assuming my house isnt burning down right now

I did a lot of research over the last two days . It seems like it might not be the year for me . I called a couple of airlines and one was $ 3600 for flight into ColdFish and the second was about $ 1600 but booked solid with no openings . I haven't been able to find a way in otherwise . Rotorwash whats your approach ?

As long as you understand there is no open moose season in 6-20 a i can get you in for a solid price but if you didnt draw a moose for the spat you are hunting bou only. If you didnt understand what this hunt entails and you put in then maybe look into your draws next time.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    As long as you understand there is no open moose season in 6-20 a i can get you in for a solid price but if you didnt draw a moose for the spat you are hunting bou only. If you didnt understand what this hunt entails and you put in then maybe look into your draws next time.
    I think lots of guys put in for draws not really knowing what is involved for particular areas. 6-20 is a no joke area

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    I did look into the hunt as much as i could . And you are correct its only for the Caribou . What is your price and for what mode of access?

i made the same mistake on a leh i got for caribou in 5-12 i thought i could get in via truck then hike but found out difference. imo up ur way fly in and spend lots of time. havent been right up there worked around Stewart and its very big area with lots of grizzlys. good luck

Should be about 2g's, in and outta Coldfish.
    As people have said, this is a hell hole, if you are not in physical shape, and its paradise, if you are!
    I've hunted the park more than a few times, rugged beauty, but unforgiving.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts . I work all year to make sure I'm ready for hunting season as for many of us its more then just an obsession . I welcome all challenges but just find that even tho there are other threads on this ( 6-20 A) none are specific on where to stay who to fly with and how far in advance you have to book .