Thread: Klymit Gear

Klymit Gear

Looking at purchasing one of their wider sleeping pads (insulated static v luxe) and wondering if anyone has any say on how their gear is. Its a heavier pad(2lbs) and will just fit inside my Tarptent but my sleep is suffering, so dont mind the weight penalty. this one is 30" wide so sleeping on my side with my leg out wont be an issue. My Exped works okay but that will likely go to my daughter. First Ive heard of this company.

TIA, Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Klymit Gear

I love mine pad used for two years now and wont go back as the wide is super nice well worth the weight

Sweet, good to hear..thanks. Order on line or a BC shop?

Online sorry don't recall where from though

Just bought one last week (not. The 30" model) from Costco.ca. It was $20 off last week and comes with a pillow. Before that atmosphere was the only place that I saw them. Bought one as I too sleep on. My side a lot of the night.

bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Just bought one last week (not. The 30" model) from Costco.ca. It was $20 off last week and comes with a pillow. Before that atmosphere was the only place that I saw them. Bought one as I too sleep on. My side a lot of the night.

bhb
    I did the same, great price. The ones we got are the insulated 23" version, still seems narrow, elbows touch the ground, but couldn't justify the extra weight for the big momma.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I looked into this but decided against it. Here is why:

1. It's R rating is only 1.3. There is no foam in it, just air. Should it deflate on the mountain, you're screwed.
    2. In the store it was very very slow to inflate!!! A self-inflating therm-a-rest does 90% of the inflation on its own. Just blow a few puffs in there before you close the valve and you'e good. This air mattress was taking forever and i never even got it fully inflated to test it out. I gave up after a minute or two.
    3. It is heavy. It's 26.5oz.
    4. i found it kind of noisy compared to a therm-a-rest.

In the end I ended up going for a therm-a-rest again. Got a prolite plus womens this time around. The women's version is shorter, but thicker. Being 6'4" all the pads are a bit on the short side anyways. I just put my pack under my legs to get my feet off the ground. Worth it for the extra thickeness of the pad, while not increasing weight.

The one i got was 22 oz and has an r-value of a whopping 4.2 making it a perfectly suitable matt even for late season use. It is a little more at $129.99 regular, but Atmosphere had a 25% off sale so it wasn't so bad.

The r value is 4.4 for the insulated one. Just want a wider pad. Is your thermarest rest wider than the seem to be standard of 20"

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    I did the same, great price. The ones we got are the insulated 23" version, still seems narrow, elbows touch the ground, but couldn't justify the extra weight for the big momma.
    Thats the one I went with too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The r value is 4.4 for the insulated one. Just want a wider pad. Is your thermarest rest wider than the seem to be standard of 20"
    no, it isn't. I'm a fairly big guy at 6'4" 210, but i find the way i sleep on my side the standard 20" is perfectly fine for me.

I do have one of their basecamp models that is about 2.5" thick or so and 30" wide, and it's awesome, but it is HEAVY.