Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scope advice

Scope advice

My wife got me a browning xbolt ss in 7mm rem mag,now looking for a scope for it have narrowed it down to zeiss conquest HD5 3-15x42 rapid z 600,or the swarovski z3 4-12x50 1"BRH reticle .Any advice from antone who has used either one.I really liked the zeiss but it is twice the weight.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Scope advice

If you are leaning towards the Swaro, I think there are still a few places around that have the 3.5 X 18 X 44 Z5's on sale. For $350 more, you have a much better scope, IMO. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, and can't find any stores still carrying the sale. I just searched one up. I've got a BRX that I might be inclined to sell that will get you even closer to the cost of a 4-12.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

At bass pro 1,379 for the zeiss and 1,219 for the swaro,and I can them cheaper but they have to be ordered in .

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I had a Zeiss 3-15x42 Z800 scope and it was very clear, great optics, it was very heavy, and the reticle was great at 100 yards but soon as you turned the power up and tried to shoot at 300 yards the reticle lines were to thick to see the target properly......I sold it

I would look at the Swarovski scope you mention in your original post.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I have a couple of the zeiss you spoke of. A great scope, but as said, the reticle is a bit on the thick side. Zeiss says its for better low light visibility

Can't go wrong either way. I personally like swaro better but Zeiss is awesome too!

Thank you all for your input.

Swarovski for Sure if you are packing it - Zeiss is Heavy ! or JUST a Leupold 4.5-14 - there a GREAT scope for less money ! jmo RJ

Swaro Z5 is amazing, I love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Swarovski for Sure if you are packing it - Zeiss is Heavy ! or JUST a Leupold 4.5-14 - there a GREAT scope for less money ! jmo RJ
    x2 I have an hd5 and z3. Swaro is much lighter. My Z3s on a 7mm weatherby accumark, very light rifle.

Zeiss objective end/magnification adjuster is very large diameter depending on the rings you might not be able to get it far enough ahead because it will hit your bases. BUT my Z3 is a pretty short bodied scope and I have 0 movement forward and back in the rings on that weatherby action. But eye relief is bang on where it sits.