Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closest place to Langley to practice with a compound bow?

Re: Closest place to Langley to practice with a compound bow?

Quote Originally Posted by LupieHunter View Post
    Langley rod and gun has a small range as well.
    Oh cool! 5 mins from my house lol ... says up to 35lb ... the bow I am thinking of getting is adjustable so that might work.

It says "Families" from 6-7:30pm and then "Adults" 7:30-9pm. I think me and caddisgirl are family ... adults too sometimes

I think there's an indoor one as well as an outdoor. I know there's an outdoor one for sure.

As Greybark stated, there is no wait list to join archery at Abbotsford Fish and Game. There is for the main club, but you will be on the waiting list for that only. Average wait time for main club seems to be 1-2 years. Come out on Wednesday nights 7-9. It's open to public for $5 drop in fee. Indoor and outdoor range...or tag along with a member on the 3D trail.

https://abbotsfordfishandgameclub.or...arius-archers/
    Last edited by Riverbc; 07-05-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

This got me thinking about whether I could shoot a bow in my backyard in Langley. I looked into the Bylaws and then contacted the Township of Langley bylaw officer. Turns out as long as you are not hunting, and shooting at a stationary target, and taking all precaution with shooting (backstop, no risk of an arrow going astray, shooting away from other properties etc), its legal.

From the Township:

"Thank you for contacting the Township of Langley Bylaw Enforcement Department.

You are reading the bylaw correctly. To clarify, you are not permitted to shoot at any wildlife or hunt in any way. Shooting at a stationary target is permitted.

Please let me know if you have any further questions."

There is always Ridgedale. No waiting list and you can shot rifles and shotguns at the same location.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."