Thread: 3-13 LEH Moose November

3-13 LEH Moose November

Hello All,

Heading to 3-13 this November for an LEH bull moose hunt, new to the region usually hunting region 8 and lower region 3. Would appreciate any general areas to focus on, seems like a large region with a lot of different elevation and landscape, any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-13 LEH Moose November

hey man, you live in west K, why not go for a drive and check out the area? you have lots of time, you will get way more valuable info than internet info! good luck I think you should be able to fill that tag.

I do, and I plan on scouting it this summer for sure. However it's a huge area and it would be near impossible to see it all. Hence why I'm asking for particular areas of the unit to focus on haha. It's not really that close when you consider it's about 2 hours to get onto the service roads that go into that unit. Yeah you have to take some of info you get with a grain of salt, but when you are unfamiliar to the area anything helps right.

3-13 is large but I have covered most of the logging roads over a weekend camping trip. Download hunt buddy app and track your steps. You can add waypoints if you see signs or areas moose would like hangout. Best way to get into 3-13 is through kingsvale head towards gillis lake.
    Weatherby 300win mag
    Marlin 1895 45-70
    SIG Sauer 1911

Quote Originally Posted by Codes44 View Post
    Hello All,

Heading to 3-13 this November for an LEH bull moose hunt, new to the region usually hunting region 8 and lower region 3. Would appreciate any general areas to focus on, seems like a large region with a lot of different elevation and landscape, any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Congrats on the draw. I've not been in 3-13 [at least don't think I have], but have done some deer hunting in 3-14 above Boston Bar [no luck though, but saw a few gut piles].

Looking at the map, it seems like you can possibly enter 3-14 from the west by going through 3-13.

You can try exiting Highway 1 about 11.5 km North of Boston Bar on Ainslie Road then taking a left about 1/2 click in and head up the hill - not sure of this road name. From there, you will have access to a network of roads.

Couple of warnings:
    1) Road Hazards:
    There is a very narrow boulder slide area with a steep drop-off that "could" be hazardous in snow conditions [or in general], but you might peel off prior to that to get to 3-14.
    2) Deep snow: Got stuck further up that road 2 years ago deer hunting in the snow in Nov/Dec, luckily another truck [who went up further/earlier than us and had to turn around] was able to assist us getting out [we had a 4x4 and high centered when we tried to turn around] - make sure you have a winch, the chainsaw helped cutting branches to put under the tires and we did have a snow shovel, but it was just too deep to blaze a turnaround.
    3) Idiots: during early season deer hunt, a few idiots were target practicing with semi-autos [or it sounded like it -- we stopped counting the reports after 50]. Said they hadn't seen anything when we ran into them --- wonder why? But come November, they will have ran out of ammo is my guess.
    4) Cougars: Saw lots of sign in the snow, so they are around. A few lone wolf prints as well . . . but didn't see any sasquatch sign

Already started some scouting in my region 3 zone for November moose. But the bugs were so bad [over 100 bites - just from my knees down] that we stayed in the 4x4 and did not put any cameras up. Will be back up in 4 weeks after the bugs die down, for round two of scouting. I'm lucky in that I have two other [hungry] off-gridder friends who live in that zone offer to keep their eyes open for me. Just saw bear scat mainly --- do bears shit in the woods? Not in BC, they use the roads.

Best of luck, and let me know if you can get back into that zone from the west.

Cheers, VFX

Have a look around Lightning Lake and Silver Lake

Thanks for the info Gents!

guest Guest

3-13, tons of access points. Yes Kingsvale, Murray Lake, Spius-Prospect, Nicomen, Shaw springs, Ainslie and more. Big area, holds game of all sorts, FN pound the area. Just get to know the area, work hard and reap the rewards. There are moose there, pockets of several places for them. Just don't expect them standing on the road ....... Bust your back for them, they are there.
    Last edited by guest; 07-14-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Codes44 View Post
    Thanks for the info Gents!
    NP and best of luck.

Do consider picking up some "cheap" trail cameras. I really don't care about the fidelity of the images, just need to see what/where/when. I have only 3 deployed at the moment, but have another 6 ready to place in a couple of weeks.

Cheers, VFX

Yeah have a couple cams putting in there this weekend most likely. Gonna spend a day there poking around and scouting. Yeah 6 would be nice, increasing your odds for sure!