Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: caddisguy trailcams are out !

Re: caddisguy trailcams are out !

The spots i have now don't seem to show much buck activity other than during the rut. They go somewhere else. I haven't figured out where. And i'm sure thats where they shed their antlers, because i haven't seen any new or old.

However, having gone to the new spot just 2 weeks ago to set up a salt lick and cam i don't even see how you'd find them if you go in May or later. The greenery is already up to my knees and unless you stepped right on top of one you'd never see them anyways. Not all spots are like that, but the amount of effort required to go find BT sheds would be just too much .... i don't have that kind of time.

Re: caddisguy trailcams are out !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    The spots i have now don't seem to show much buck activity other than during the rut. They go somewhere else. I haven't figured out where. And i'm sure thats where they shed their antlers, because i haven't seen any new or old.

However, having gone to the new spot just 2 weeks ago to set up a salt lick and cam i don't even see how you'd find them if you go in May or later. The greenery is already up to my knees and unless you stepped right on top of one you'd never see them anyways. Not all spots are like that, but the amount of effort required to go find BT sheds would be just too much .... i don't have that kind of time.
    That is what our new spot looks like too. The time to find sheds would have been in April. I didn't trip over any, but I was more dialed into watching for ticks, bears and bear sign. Might still be some old chewed up sheds around later in the fall when the vegetation starts to thin out.