Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: caddisguy trailcams are out !

Re: caddisguy trailcams are out !

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Will do! It will be all vids and I'll be posting up the highlights. It will probably be a month or so before I go check them out. Hopefully no malfunctions or adjustments from bears lol ... 6 cams total so we'll get something good
    Looking forward to it! Always like seeing what your cams pick up.

What will the surprise be this year? You have pulled out a Moose, a WT - what next???

Wow... I am guessing this means all the pics I ever posted on HBC are gone, just like that. I'm not giving them a dime lol

I'll edit and fix the pics in this thread and a few other gooders when I have time.

Too late we recognized the spot you posted in the valley haha.
    anyways it don't matter now, nice area for deer 4 sure.
    Jel -- awesome fraser valley black tail trail into the shale with some avail, we want more ...........

I was out flyfishing this weekend and decided to check in on one of my cams. I wasn't too optimistic as I didn't put this one on a trail... it's a fancy high def Bushnell cam with sound and what not... my work gave it to me and I wanted it in a place it was unlikely to see bears or people.

635 videos, 25 seconds each, about 8GB total. Decent for 3 weeks! It will be a little while before I have time to finish watching and put some highlights together, but figure I'd give a few spoilers so far.

3x2 BT buck, 2x2 BT buck, a mule doe with twins, a BT doe with twins, a doe with 1 fawn and a couple solo does.

Something happened with one of the BT does fawns. I've noticed from previous years, the deer are frequently looking and listening in a particular direction. I looked around to try and figure out why... figured I'd find a huge trail but nope. Well, as usual, this doe was looking and listening then bolted. In the background, what I would estimate to be 25-30 yards out I can see 1 or two critters running in. I can't tell what the critter(s) is/are yet (will need to grab some frames and zoom) but guessing coyote, bobcat or cougar. Same doe only has one fawn now.

Also had a doe put her ass right up to the camera, lift up her tail and let out a 5 second fart... twice!! Lol

Hoping to get to the other cams and get some bow practice in this weekend then get some vids up but on Sunday but it looks a bit too hot.

Damn photobucket won't let me view your pics...open imgur acct....

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Damn photobucket won't let me view your pics...open imgur acct....
    I opened the account and uploaded most of the photo bucket pics. I will be relinking this thread soon. I'll be aiming to get some of the clips I described posted up Sunday at the latest. Lots of action and 5 more cams to get to. I'm pretty excited about this season.

Also had a doe put her ass right up to the camera, lift up her tail and let out a 5 second fart... twice!! Lol
    Lmao! I hope that's one of the videos you share haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Yes me too. I need a good larf.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    That one is coming for sure. It's on a high def camera, so I didn't want to edit it together with a bunch of videos from the low def cams. It's also going to take longer to compile highlights from as there are 650 30 second videos from that camera (as of a week ago) to sort though. I have to re-watch them and write down the files/sections that make the cut. Gassy doe and deer getting spooked off by preds, a few decent bucks, fawns doing silly things, etc will all make the cut!!

Anyway we just got back yesterday from a 2-nighter trailcam check and bow sight-in. The trailcam hike was pretty rough. We opted to do it in the morning when it was cooler, but that also means we were doing our 3 hour hike while the thermals had all the smoke condensed down low. Visibility sucked and the air quality slowed us down a bit, but we got the job done!

Back home a day early with some time to work on the videos and re-link photobucket links with imgur links (re-linked this one already) ... Here's the first of many videos to come:

So the video above shows some clips from 4/6 of the cams from July 1st until August 3rd.

I am working on clips from another one of the cams which cover most of July. I am making it a separate video because it is high def and has sound, so it's weird to mix with the low def ones which don't have sound. It has taken a while as there are 650+ 30 second clips which is 5.5 hours lol ... I have got to the point where I have 50 or so videos that I want to pull footage from to mix into a highlights thing. It's all uploaded to YouTube, but will take some time before I get around to the compilation.

However, I could not resist posting a few spoilers. In this one, we have a deer (she has a couple fawns just off cam as well) bolt when she hears some critters coming in. If you crank your sound, you can hear here grunt before she bolts. Shortly a few that you will see at least 2 (maybe more critters) running in the background. I can't make out what the critters are, but one looks white and the other looks grey. I suspect they are coyotes.

Will post some more up soon