Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: caddisguy trailcams are out !

caddisguy trailcams are out !

A little late but better than never. We did a few suicide hikes over the weekend... last time I do this in July, but we managed to pull it off during a couple of 5am-9am shifts. We didn't put a cam where we have been seeing the Region 2 Whitetails, so "probably" no white tails this year.

BUT we did something different. We put all the cams on actual trails, rather than 30 yards from a trail with salt to attract them (less chance of getthing cams stolen by someone who finds the trails) ... They seem to stop hitting the salt in September, so I wanted full season trail disclosure ... we put the cameras right on the trails with a little salt to stop them this year

Here's a few of our setups (that I remembered to take pics of!!!) but there's even more lol

To be continued ...
    Last edited by caddisguy; 08-07-2017 at 11:16 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: caddisguy trailcams are out !

Last edited by caddisguy; 08-07-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Last edited by caddisguy; 08-07-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Looking forward to the pics Caddisguy.

Wicked looking forward to seeing the pics! I personally haven't had time to go out and put any of my cams out. Hopefully get out before the end of the month that way I can kind of get a sense of who's hanging out in the area!

Will do! It will be all vids and I'll be posting up the highlights. It will probably be a month or so before I go check them out. Hopefully no malfunctions or adjustments from bears lol ... 6 cams total so we'll get something good

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Will do! It will be all vids and I'll be posting up the highlights. It will probably be a month or so before I go check them out. Hopefully no malfunctions or adjustments from bears lol ... 6 cams total so we'll get something good
    Yeah knock on wood the bears don't get em! Your set ups look pretty good so 6 should bring out whoevers around!

I have one up I just havnt had time to check....hoping to get up there this weekend or next...man I hope I got something on th at one.....was gonna set another at one of my Harrison spots....but I think I might wait to see what goes on with that fire

I forgot to take pics of one of the setups. I almost went back to snap a pic but it was a lot of back tracking up hill and it was getting hot out. Nice cut out trail with fresh deer poop. I'm excited to see the results. Hoping to see the same animals cruising by different cams, maybe get another glimpse of the 5x5.

Things could be slow for the next few weeks, as there is absolutely no water for about 1km from the closest cam to water source.... despite that I think we might have some weed growers... that will be a first for our cams lol

Love it, keep it coming hunter, some blacktail country.
    Good idea Cad.
    Jel -- will be keeping a close eye ball --