Thread: Harrison-Chehalis WMA

Harrison-Chehalis WMA

Hey everyone,

I used to duck hunt over 20 years ago and interested in starting up again. I vaguely remember hunting in the Chehalis flats just north of the Sandpiper Golf Course. We would park our vehicle on Morris Valley Road and head out on foot wearing hip waders for a couple of hours.

I see the area is now a wildlife management area. I have checked the Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting Map and it looks like as long as I stay out of the Indian Reserve to the north and stay at least 100m from the houses to the south I am okay to hunt there.

I was wondering if anyone has any recent hunting experience in the area and can confirm this? Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Harrison-Chehalis WMA

Over 200 views and no reply. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

The area has been decreased and not as productive as it once was. The ducks now are usually in when the chum are spawning. Not what I'd classify as table fare.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Thanks. I have no interest in eating fish ducks. I may have to check it out at the start of the season just to say I tried.

I have hunted there before it was ok, you need a decent boat unless you like long hikes in the dark through swamps infested with bears. We used a 12' with a 9.9. Apparently the colder it gets the better it is, more of a late season thing early season might be slim pickins.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will have to give it a try this year.