Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vortex spotting scopes

Re: Vortex spotting scopes

I have a swaro. Better, yes. But a razor on a 1000$ tripod will out perform a swaro on a 300$ tripod. If you have a budget for the entire package ide say 60-70% spotter 30-40% tripod & head to get the best bang for the spotters buck
    Last edited by nedarb2; 07-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Buy what you can afford..realizing how much more looking we do than shooting.
    My hunting partners Vortex are headed back again for repair.
    Looked through hundreds of spotting scopes over the many years..i have never regretted buying swaro binos, and spotting scope.

I indeed have looked through Vortex and quite dislike them, my opinion.
    They are not in the same category
    Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    My hunting partners Vortex are headed back again for repair.
    which vortex model? And what was wrong with it?
    Vortex does make some lower-end models that are not nearly as good as the razor line.

the razor was very nice, not that much of glass quality diffference between swaro IMO.
    main reason i switched was the weight difference between the 2 and being a ****hair sharper at 60 power.

u cant go wrong with vortex razor, great glass,price and customer service and warranty.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    so how many broken razor spotters have you heard about then? I can't recall the last time i heard of one.

But I can recall the last time i read about people venting about the frustrating experience dealing with swaro/zeiss warranty departments.

I'm sure all brands have warranty issues, but I do know I just sold a 30 year old pair of Leicas that never had to go in for warranty....just saying !

My brother has two Vortex HD 65mm spotting scopes(Viper and a Razor) and he's as hard on gear as anyone I know and so far so good, but in saying that Ill take my Leica over his Vortex anyday.....
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I'm sure all brands have warranty issues, but I do know I just sold a 30 year old pair of Leicas that never had to go in for warranty....just saying !

My brother has two Vortex HD 65mm spotting scopes(Viper and a Razor) and he's as hard on gear as anyone I know and so far so good, but in saying that Ill take my Leica over his Vortex anyday.....

I would take a swaro or leica spotter over a vortex razor as well, any day .... i just wouldn't pay an extra $2k for one

The only reason I bought a razor HD is because I was able to sell a long range set up which paid for 85% of the cost. A viper would be fine for glassing mulies to moose. Save the money, buy a viper, and a good tripod and you will be happy
    " Size doesn't matter 'til the freezer is full!" - Dad

" If you buy a new gun, I get a new kitchen!" - my lovely wife

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem