Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex spotting scopes

Vortex spotting scopes

Have decided to get a new scope. My old Bushnell is kind of fuzzy and not so good. I've narrowed the brand down to Vortex based on price and comments. I will use it for 1) the shooting range 2) wildlife viewing - non-hunting and 3) hunting. I won't be using it for any really ambitious hunts ( sheep or goat). My decision now is should I go with the Razor and keep some $ or get the Viper ?

Your comments are appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Vortex spotting scopes

Viper is the cheaper model. I purchased an old model razor brand new unused 65mm for just under 1k. I used it for spring bear hunting this year and really like it.
    Have since seen other razors for sale used for about the same.

The Vipers are great, Razor even better. Get the best one you can afford
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I have a straight Vortex Viper 20-60X65 with neoprene case for sale if your interested. PM me for details and pics.

Ain't nothing wrong with the viper HD. Razor would be a very nice step up tho

I baught the new razor in the 65mm and it's awsome also have the case and phone skope adapter. Really happy with the the new set up. X 2 on buy the best you can afford! Good luck

Any Vortex spotter will do. They're all beauties.....great warranty too.

buy the best you can afford and never have to spend on it again...you won't be disapointed when you purchase good glass.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I have the Razor 65mm and took it out to the mountains last year worked great until I broke my tripod head... my fault. but spotter worked great lol some deals can be found on them now that they came out with a new version mines the grey one, not the newest out.

cant beat the razor. I have 65mm one and I can see 7mm holes at 300yards no problem.

With this spotter I can set up a whole bunch of targets when i first get there and only walk down to them when i'm ready to pack up and go home.