Thread: Anybody Upgrade to Backroads Map V1.7??

Anybody Upgrade to Backroads Map V1.7??

I am getting hounded by Garmin to upgrade to the V1.7 from V1.5, just wondering if anyone has upgraded and whether the difference for hunting properties was worth the money. Of course I would like to be as up to date as possible but hunt in relatively same areas each year. More of a conversation piece, really.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anybody Upgrade to Backroads Map V1.7??

Do you mean the Backroads Mapbook V7?
    I spent the $75 to upgrade from v3 to v6 last year and it was a waste of money in my opinion. The backroads are good, but not good enough to pay that kind of money to find a couple new roads.
    The only upside is you keep your old chip so you can sell it or give it to a buddy for a case of beer.

I upgraded and found a couple of new features worthwhile: the identification of crown and private restricted land and the lake bathymetry ( depth contour lines for fishing lakes and rivers).

Thanks Guys for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by carnivore View Post
    I upgraded and found a couple of new features worthwhile: the identification of crown and private restricted land and the lake bathymetry ( depth contour lines for fishing lakes and rivers).
    These bits look good and lots more roads make it worth it to me
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess