Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian River Elk

Indian River Elk

So i was extremely lucky this year and drew the Indian Arm Rosie draw (2-08A) in my backyard. I thought that I would just put some feelers out for any lower mainlanders that might spend time up Indian Arm or who has had the draw in the past. I'm confident that with the amount of time I have free to scout I should have a good chance at connecting on a nice bull. But since its pretty much a once in a life time draw I thought i wouldn't leave any stone unturned to connect on a mature bull. I'll be setting up all my trail cams in the next couple weeks or if anyone is out and about and wants to do some scouting with me on sundays I'm usually by myself.

Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Indian River Elk

A friend had that draw a couple years ago. We were able to locate elk but missed on a couple opportunities in the thick timber. We could only get out a few times so we didn't connect but saw plenty of elk and tons of sign. We basically just drove the road a d found a few good places to hike in. Only saw them during the hikes never on the road.

Congratulations! Hope you get a dandy!

Boone & Crockett came out of there last year. They tend to move in the fall. I will pm phone # and share what I can. Great draw.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Thanks Kurt hopefully I connect! Appreciate that Blainer.

WHAT A great ONCE in a lifetime Draw - Hope you get a GREAT ROSIE elk - RJ

Thanks Jim!

I had the very first elk draw in there. Pm me your number. I ll tell u what I know. Goodluck
    majorguns

Thought I'd bump this if anyone's doing any deer hunting up there. Cams are set bit there's so much damn traffic think they are gonna be in the thick thick thick.

When was the road opened? When I was still big into the 4x4 scene that road was deactivated. Curious what year it's been open. Cheers.