Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: True Glaicar has resigned??

Re: True Glaicar has resigned??

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    I know Jim to be a stand up guy.ihad a decision local rod and gun or BCWF" IT WAS because of Jims involvement in BCWF I chose to support that organization..i have total confidence..in the man..i have stayed away from the fracas because I think so much of Jim.
    A hunter, outdoorsman, gentleman..and a man of his word.
    I feel badly Jim felt he had to step down..we lost a fine individual..truly every hunters loss..

It's easy to criticize. ..much more difficult to lace up our boots and walk his walk.

Thank you Jim..i appreciate everything you have done for us..for stepping up..and when you felt no choice for stepping down to save the organization.

Proud to call you my friend.

Steven Rupp
    I must admit I didn't know who he was, but after reading people's sentiments I actually feel like we've all lost a strong advocate for our interests.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I've gotta laugh. Apparently there are two website forums that are unwilling to speak the truth, both with slanted and bias viewpoints. The sooner the "sides" can accept the truth, both the good and the bad, the sooner we can move forward.
    Why don't you fill us in?

Even a sniff of speaking up finds my posts or threads deleted. I already posted on this thread, and the thread itself disappeared for a while shortly after my comment, and reappeared this afternoon with it gone. Neither site is doing the any favors for the membership.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Why don't you fill us in?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Not enough stability at the BCWF to engender trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Even a sniff of speaking up finds my posts or threads deleted. I already posted on this thread, and the thread itself disappeared for a while shortly after my comment, and reappeared this afternoon with it gone. Neither site is doing the any favors for the membership.
    Maybe the organization is over due for a complete restructure?
    Or maybe we need a completely new organization that solely speaks for all hunters in this province?
    What do you think Troy?

I dunno what's going on at the BCWF, but I have met Jim, and have had a couple phone conversations with him, he was a straight up gentleman.
    Good luck where ever you go Jim.
    Dave.

Or maybe we need a completely new organization that solely speaks for all hunters in this province?
    What do you think Troy?
    After the NFA imploded the CCFR was founded, which has done better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

What I do know Mike is, without good governance, law abiding members, and members willing to speak up to wrong doings regardless of affiliation, the organization will continue to lose respect, support, and membership..... IMO.

What do you think Troy?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

What I do know Mike is, without good governance, law abiding members, and members willing to speak up to wrong doings regardless of affiliation, the organization will continue to lose respect, support, and membership..... IMO.
    I have to agree with most of what you've said here.
    The organization means well but has too much under its umbrella.
    I personally don't think it can properly represent all hunters in this province going forward.
    If we don't get our shit together we are going to sink.
    All of us.
    So let's get an organization formed that represents and stands up for all big game hunters in BC and let the qauders and the butterfly chasers have their own club.

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    I dunno what's going on at the BCWF, but I have met Jim, and have had a couple phone conversations with him, he was a straight up gentleman.
    Good luck where ever you go Jim.
    Dave.
    Same here, even invited me to join his camp when I was talking about a solo trip. All the best Jim!
    KCCO