Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Healing Sciatica Pain

Healing Sciatica Pain

Hi my friends and fellow hunters,

To those who suffer sciatica nerve pain (lower back, thigh and leg pain due to bulging discs), what remedies do you use to make yourself feel better? Just wanting to be healthy for this hunting season 😊

My remedies are stretching, therapy and drinking pineapple juice!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Healing Sciatica Pain

Go see a chiro who has ART training (active release therapy).

Hurts like hell, but it's worth it.

And stretch those hamstrings.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Ditto for active release therapy. My chiro took my blown up ankle (wicked hard wipe out early days of WB mountain bike park) that never really properly healed... and brought me to a pain free place where I regularly run much further than is recommended by the surgeon general!

It was 100% active release therapy that put me back together.

Stretching, good posture ,lot's of walking. It seems the busier I am the better I feel.
    I drink but it's not pineapple juice..
    The best advice I can give is to those that don't have back/sciatic problems. Don't try and be a Super Hero, get help, take a second trip or don't do it. Some times are bodies are slow healing or just don't.

I have had the same issues, originally from a herniated disc about 8 years ago, and it still flares up.

The best things you can do is improve your flexibility and improve your core strength. See a good physio/chiro and get a good treatment program and stick to it.

Also, avoid sitting as much as possible. Sitting increases the pressure on your spin 4 fold, so try and stand when you need to sit and move as much as possible

Core strength is key with a stretching routine. I compressed a vertebra 30% with a bad fall close to 20 years ago now, but you'd never know it. Posture and staying hydrated are also something to be mindful of.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

The right stretching and the right chiropractor did amazing things for me, I went a whole year before I could find the right chiropractor that could get it right for me. I had damaged my SI joint from a wakeboarding fall and I could hardly walk straight for over a year because, I now use a good chiropractor and a physiotherapist that uses dry needling, (sorta like acupuncture) to keep things in check.
    You might want to post your location so someone in your area might point you to the right Chiro in your area that worked for them.

I had the misfortune of dealing with a herniated disk and stretching multiple times a day saved my life. Amazing how well it worked to heal the darn thing.

Get your back X-Ray'd ..... CT-Scan or MRI. Do this before any chiropractor 'adjustments'.
    Core strength and being hydrated are important.
    If you're an older person, you're healing time may be longer.
    Don't let your body pain work on your head .....

why pineapple juice