Thread: Cassiar Mine Rd

Cassiar Mine Rd

Hi all, was wondering if the Cassiar mine road is still drivable.
    Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cassiar Mine Rd

Was up there last summer. The gate is locked and there is active mining going on at that time.

Thanks. I haven't been up there in years and don't remember a gate; is it just off 37 or a ways in?
    Last edited by CheesyLimper; 06-28-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Is it the main road that's gated? Or just the trails/spurs off the main road? Iv heard it was all the quad trails/spurs that got gated. I'm hoping to get up there the next few weeks to pick up a game cam I left last season, and was hoping to hike in from the mine sight.

I recall the gate is right at the old townsite. You can drive past the old tailings pile and to the townsite but that's it. This is from a couple years ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordillera View Post
    I recall the gate is right at the old townsite. You can drive past the old tailings pile and to the townsite but that's it. This is from a couple years ago though.
    This is correct, not sure about all the spur trails.

The gate is at the old town site and restricts access to the mine area. The highway turn off 2km north is 2 km north of Jade City. From that turn off the highway (yes it is still a highway) is maintained year round.

A few of the spurs between the turn off to the town site are also gated as they access active mining claims. The Cassiar ReUnion takes place in a few weeks at the end of the July. It will be busy for a few days then back to normal.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Does anyone know if there is a trail in from the Cassiar mine road to Iverson lake or that range that has Chromite and Black Friday lake. The mountains I am refering to are just east (NE) of the Blue River from the end of the mine road?