Thread: Bison 7-57B with a pike fishing question

Bison 7-57B with a pike fishing question

So my wife and I were lucky enough to get a oct 16-31 bison draw, we are going to go for the whole 2 weeks, my question is, is there any pike fishing nearby ?? Bison on her bucket list and northern pike is on mine, it would be great to kill 2 birds with one stone
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bison 7-57B with a pike fishing question

I'm not familiar with 7-57 but you will pass by some decent pike fishing to get there....Charlie Lake in FSJ is full of hammer handles, mind you very few trophy pike, but if you want to just say you caught a pike it's good place to do it, easily done from shore too since I don't imagine you're towing a boat
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Charlie Lake will be your best bet...

I stopped at moberly one time and we were casting from shore at the park, we caught pike every couple casts. Nothing big, and I've stopped there since and haven't been able to catch them like that again.....

Swan Lake. In Dawson has pike as well.

So does Gwillum Lake. [has pike] but that isn't exactly where you will be hunting bison. Are you renting a cabin or towing your rig up?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    So does Gwillum Lake. [has pike] but that isn't exactly where you will be hunting bison. Are you renting a cabin or towing your rig up?
    We are tow our rig up, cabin rental isn't in the budget this go around .
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

If you are towing anything big up that road to the airstrip take chains for all four corners. May seem obvious to most, but its worth mentioning.