Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moose LEH 5-04B FN issues

Unhappy Moose LEH 5-04B FN issues

Hey everyone,

I applied for 5-04B LEH and succeeded for any bull moose... I've since heard of all the FN issues and truck burnings. Should I truly be concerned about all of this, or should I be ok..?

TIA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose LEH 5-04B FN issues

[QUOTE=sabourin;1914576]Hey everyone,

I applied for 5-04B LEH and succeeded for any bull moose... I've since heard of all the FN issues and truck burnings. Should I truly be concerned about all of this, or should I be ok..?

We also have that draw and we're wondering the same thing. I can't remember if we are zone b or zone c,but I am interested to hear what others have to say.

Cheers

Check into the local band office, just so proper 'consultation' takes place.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I would be concerned . I've had my gear vehicle threatened

Would have liked to cleaned the floor with the rubbish.you have no right in there hunting or acsccessing the lands..you will lose.
    Not worth losing truck, gear..etc burns my ass laws are not on your side .
    Shut off the rd maintenence, forestry, biologists. .bc ambilancr. .etc they don't have money to do shit we wouldn't be helping while they are being............. (..............! )
    Horriblle supreme court decision..
    I don't go..usually.
    Steven

That's the problem, an older, taxpaying, native-born BC citizen drives up alone to camp, fish and maybe hunt and is accosted by drunken, aggressive persons of a certain group who threaten and even damage the person's gear and vehicle........how much more of this crap are we supposed to endure?

If, one defend's one's person or property, the consequences will probably be bankruptcy by legal costs and/or incarceration in gaol. If not, injury, death or even worse may well ensue.........

Time to form small, self-defence groups, are accordingly and go where WE want as BC is OURS, not "fn" land!

FIGHT BACK!!!!

We have hunted moose there for quite a few years and never had an issue. We must be lucky..

I have heard all the stories and I believe quite a few but we have passed many natives while hunting there and not once been bothered.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Most of us realize that the worse vandalizing and threatening problems come from
    a small aggressive group, not the majority which don't have control of the trouble
    makers. It's the same in the lower mainland East Indian gang problems. The East
    Indian community know who many of the gangsters are, but have little or no influence
    over them. A couple of years ago I had an issue that left my camp vulnerable for lengthy
    times in an area known to have similar issues. During one of my long walks to a phone
    booth a bunch of young natives stopped and gave me a ride even though there was little
    room in their cab for me. Had a good chat with that great bunch and they told me they would
    not only pick me up later, but would put the word out for the logging truck drivers to keep
    an eye on my camp. This they did when they could have just as easily ransacked my camp,
    truck, and equipment without anyone's knowledge. Not everyone is a bad apple.

Just sent you a PM

Map it out an stay well clear of the title lands given by SCC decision.
    My wifes half first nations an we hunted that area last yr with her dad who is full first nations from Anaheim even he was kicked out of those areas on the map provided in the LEH as title lands.
    We never received hostile threats etc but were met twice by roving groups looking for people inside their bounday.
    My suggestion is give a wide birth around "their" area and you should be ok..but no promises..

My 2 cents

Hunted there lots.Maybe keep your main camp at Puntzi Lake at one of the resorts and day hunt out of there.That way someone is watching your gear while your out having fun