Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moose LEH 5-04B FN issues

Re: Moose LEH 5-04B FN issues

Big Lew. .not all are bad..true however the supreme court as part of their ruling cited the acts of violence physical fighting for their land..that is beeing emphasis ed by other bands..and living here you see far more than the ocasional "visit..
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Stresd View Post
    X2. Grows stale really quicky having to leave someone in camp. Starting hunting that area back in the 70's on horse back. Got our horses from Dwayne and Marion at Teepee heart Ranch. Hunted there every year until 5 years ago when we said enough is enough, and got the hell out of dodge. Leaving an area that we had hunted for 40 years, taking our Moose every year. Found and started to learn a new area with no FN's around. We knew the Big creek, Groundhog and kloacut areas like the back of our hands and camped in deep. knew most of the the local ranchers on a first name basis, but not much they could do about the poaching and FN issues as they had to live there.
    You couldn't pay me to hunt that area again. Just not worth all the BS and cautionary measures you have to take. I want to be able to relax and enjoy my hunting trip.
    Well said, because of some A holes including some government folks past and present the fun has been taken out of your hunt as well as a lot of others.
    Now if it is not fun anymore you just have to throw in the towel and go somewhere else,guarding camp and watching your back all the time because of those scum just isnt worth it

Pretty damn sad that we even have to have this discussion....

Clear and blatant issues that are not being dealt with by authorities.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I've not the extensive knowledge "Stresd" has of the Gang-Big Creek-Kloacut-Fletcher Lake
    area, but I've been going into it since 1967. My favourite area was between the Gang and Mons
    Lake, including around Sky Ranch. It's all drastically changed now with all the extensive logging
    which makes it easier to get in and out at high speed using multiple roads....something thieves
    and vandals know very well. During that time there was very little 'outside' traffic and it was noticed
    by the local ranchers etc. I've witnessed first hand local natives stripping a truck and camper within
    site of the Riske Creek Reserve while the hunters were about 1/2 km away oblivious to what was happening.
    I've seen stripped and abandoned vehicles along hwy 20 between the Fraser River and Alexis Creek.
    As '"Srupp" mentioned, our courts have only encouraged this behaviour through decisions that actually
    condone it. I'll keep going to my favourite spots, but will take extra precautions even if I have to rent lodging
    or camping on private land, or camp at Fletcher lake among fellow campers.

The 2 lakes I specifically try and warn folks about is Fletcher..and Raven lakes..lots of much better lakes to fish..without the stress and potential harm, loss..it suck. .but its fact.
    I have enough pain, stress, loss..i don't go out to add to it.
    Big Lew have numerous great Lakes. .we should chat..we..Susan Ebony and I are headed to Sheridan in several weeks.
    Cheers Bro
    Steven

We have hunted the Fletcher/Mons/Big Creek area and haven't had any trouble but we usually have a person and dog in camp.

I feel like things are calmer on that side of the valley no?

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    The 2 lakes I specifically try and warn folks about is Fletcher..and Raven lakes..lots of much better lakes to fish..without the stress and potential harm, loss..it suck. .but its fact.
    I have enough pain, stress, loss..i don't go out to add to it.
    Big Lew have numerous great Lakes. .we should chat..we..Susan Ebony and I are headed to Sheridan in several weeks.
    Cheers Bro
    Steven
    Im at Sheridan Lake right now Steven - theres NO fish left - They were all Winter Killed ! Stay away ! RJ

Lol..thanks RJ for the heads up..i can sleep in..drink coffee.swim in the lake with Ebony..sheesh probably no use in even bringing the new flies I tied up over winter.i appetite your help..nice to know I have such great friends looking out for my well being.
    Don't forget the sunscreen lotion RJ.
    Guess I'll just buy some sardines..lol
    Cheers